somebodyhelp me

Posted , 8 users are following.

i have been on night out with my work colleagues, /I;ve been drinking which is not a good idea but I moss my husband who died in july i thought what the hell and went for it. I feel absouutley rubbish now drinking is not he answer I will have to stay up now until I sober up. I hate my life and wish I wasn.t here. Thank s for listenings xxx

1 like, 26 replies

26 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Tina89895 I'm sorry to hear about your husband. Please don't feel too guilty about having a few drinks. You may feel very low tonight but as we all know alcohol can be a depressant. You will no doubt feel rough in the morning - take it easy, enjoy a long hot bath, eat healthy and speak to a friend.

If you still feel rotten in the new year then please consider speaking to a professional. Yoga will also help!! Slowly but surely you will start to feel yourself again.

Stay strong  

• Posted

I'm so sorry for your loss Tina.

Don't give yourself a hard time.. You wanted to go out and be with people and enjoy yourself. There is no harm in that. And you had a drink...big deal...so are millions of other people tonight.

You are entitled to try and move on with your life. You don't have to feel guilty or bad. Your husband will be smiling down on you thinking "that's my girl", proud of you that you are being so strong and brave.

I know you must miss him terribly. I lost my first and only love 8 years ago and I still miss him every day. The difference now is that my memories bring a smile yo my face where set one time they only brought me pain and sadness. 

I know drinking isn't a great idea when depressed and grieving but there are no rules and one night out isn't something to worry over.

I am here Hun if you need to chat xxx

• Posted

Dear Tena, please don't do something silly! You will be all right! I feel very sorry for your loss. But think about all those people who really need you, into whose life you bring smile! What would they do without you? And also, it could be worse. Try to count your blessings. Sometimes good things come out of bad things, and sometimes bad things come out of good things. Everything changes. That's the beauty of it.
  • Posted

I'm am a complete mess, I hate my life Ijust want to die. We were a couple through and trough until the day either of us died and he is dead....
    • Posted

I know Hun. I know how it hurts but I promise you that it does get better. You will be even more emotional this evening because you have been drinking but please believe me when I say that time does heal. You won't forget but you will find happiness again.

• Posted

i'm so sorry everyone but i miss him soo much we grew up together i am really struggling at least I wont try to drive to somewhere but ido live out in the middle of nowhere and who cares....
    • Posted

Tina. Why don't you go and lay down and try to sleep. I know in the morning when you wake.your hurt will still be as bad but at least then you will be thinking with a clear mind. 

I care. I care lots and I'm not sure I will ever stop caring when people ask for help and that's exactly what you did..Yoy asked for help. That means you wanted people to talk you through. 

• Posted

I know I've been on the edge before and I've come to my senses but what have I got to live for........................................................he was my life and he;s gone,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
    • Posted

You've got to live for your own life. Live life to the fullest for the both of you xx
    • Posted

Thank you all to your comments going out for a walk and think about my grandchildren..... Happy christmas to you all...... and Happy new year thank you ....................xxxxxxxx
    • Posted

Back from a walk , really cold and plenty of stars, I hope I won't complete these actions it has been close a few times, I know things will get better but I wish they would hurry up. Thank you everyone but I still feel so depressed.................................................................night
  • Posted

It's Lady Gaga and Tony Bennett live on BBC1 now, look! It will chear you up!
  • Posted

Thank you all sooo much for ypur comments I don;t know if i can carry on,,,, i am a complete mess thank you everyone,,,,xxxxxxx
  • Posted

Hey Tina

Please hang in there. Have a few bloody drinks for gods sake. It's a sh*ttty time of year to feel bad for any reason but especially as it's the first xmas since you lost your husband.

My stepmother lost my dad 4 years ago, she was 39, he was much older but died in an accident and althoug I didn't directly experience her pain at losing her love of life I observed what she went through.  I know it seems like life is dead right now but it will get better hun.  You don't ever forget or lose such pain, you just learn to live with it.  Please bear with it lovey.  You are gonna be ok, am sure you have friends and famil that would miss you so much if you did something stupid.  Just keep thinking of how you would feel if someone you love took their life.  You can do it Tina.  Please keep hanging in there.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.