Someone help me

Posted , 5 users are following.

Okay so like i really don't know how to explain this but like all this while everytime i move my eyes side to side i see like a light? Like i tried defocusing my eyes just now and move it around i can see my own retina like the pukinje tree like the viens? and It just looks bumpy and weird overall and when i woke up this morning i could see it if i move my eyes up and down too. I don't actually see it if there's alot of things infront of me unless I look at an empty white wall. Im just really worried now is it a sign of retinal detachment or pvd i dont know 😫 im so so so scared

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Caroline - It is very important that you make an emergency appointment to see an Ophthalmologist. If you have a regular eye doctor, contact that office first. Only a full examination can determine what is going on. Good luck and keep us posted here!

Report Reply
  • Posted

I think you have just discovered an entopic phenomenon that not all people can see. Its due to light being reflected within the eye itself and sending an image of your retina back to your retina. Children often discover this and are fascinated by it.

Now you have seen it you are fretting about it, so you try even harder to see it.

Of course if you are really worried by it then do see an optician as it will put your mind at rest.

Report Reply
    • Posted

all these eyes problems are stressing me out like i dont want to see it but yet i keep seeing it. I just hope its nothing serious like i dont want it to get worse and my eyes to go blind or something 😦

Report Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up