Someone please help

Posted , 3 users are following.

Okay so my anxiety for the most part has been pretty good I just turned 18 and I'm a pretty healthy male from labs and stuff, but in the past month has been awful full of ER visits and such since last night

So this past month I have had very bad anxiety episodes sending me in to the hospital thinking I was having a heart problem I have palpitations (pvc's) and had a echo done all that and 6EKGS done in the past but after a while my doctor or pediatrician started to assume I needed to see a physiatrist which I thought I needed but I realized my anxiety had been situational and normal but everytime I had a bad pain in my chest id call and ask what should I do and they said it's just anxiety which I believed but idk if the pain can be caused by costronitis or something like that

Well I'm the past two weeks I have been getting very very bad upper abdominal pain and I've been on an acid med For a while and I just am terrified it's something wrong with my aorta which I have no family history of and they took a listen to it with stethoscopes and said they didn't hear anything, I have had these pains for a while and all my blood work came back fine and I get pain in my back could this be a stomach ulcer I'm over thinking?? I just wish I had a image like a CT to confirm my aorta is okay could someone tell me if they think it's fine and when I called my doctor for a follow up they say the same thing they've been saying in the past I need to see a physchiatrist but I never really saw my self as having that kind of disorder but yeah they basically have given up on my health I feel and I'm worried please someone what should I do ?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Sounds like anxiety to me. You keep obsessing on something your feeling and assuming the worse ( and so you should ), but get all the tests done to confirm your situation. That would be the best recommended thing. At this point, no point of overthinking and making your situation into something its not. It could be nothing. It could be anxiety. Just don't kill yourself over it. If the tests come back fine, then believe nothing is wrong with you. Just relax ok? calm down. I know what you're feeling. I get little shocks in my chest and in the beginning i think 'sh1t!! what is that!!', then I start to panic and go into crazy mode and start searching the internet, which is the worse thing you could do. Its just anxiety symptoms.

• Posted

Yeah i just don't understand why doctors don't take a more detailed look at my ya know ? I've wanted a ct or ultrasound done but doctors won't give it to me which is very unsettling and doesn't help my situation
  • Posted

It does sound like anxiety, palpitations are caused by the adrenaline coursing through your worrying. Is there anything you can pinpoint to this starting? I'm only asking because I went through the same and it is frightening until you realise that if the Doctors thought there was anything serious they would do the tests. Please take the fact that they didn't is that they know it is anxiety. Horrible I know but unless you try and address this you will make your feelings worse
    • Posted

You are focus sing on your every feeling, if there was really something wrong you would know, honestly
  • Posted

Do you have a therapist or a counsellor or someone who is trained to help?
    • Posted

I actually talked to a consular yesterday and explain the whole medical situation and every doctor just saying it was anxiety and not even taking a look at me and the consular thought I really didn't have an anxiety problem and such that I should be getting medical attention, I came her cause I had no where to turn and don't know what to do
    • Posted

No problem, this website can be very helpful.

So, have you tried getting a therapist or a counsellor?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.