Someone please help

Posted , 13 users are following.

I have been going crazy for a year. Everything is fine when I am up walking around but as soon as I lay down to go to sleep everything changes. I am 47 years old and feel as if my life has been taken over. I start getting heart palps body jerks and a funny feeling in my head as if I am going to pass out. I have been to the doctor and he looks at me like I am crazy. Does anyone else get these symptoms while lying down.

1 like, 23 replies

23 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

HI I have all the same symptoms but when standing, I started taking star flower capsules not an immediate fix but aftet a month you will see a difference they help to keep hormonal ballance. I also take menopace plus and feel so much better than I did two months ago

Good luck

• Posted

I too am in the midst of 'Perimenopause' i experienced exactley the same but i had to do something I swore i would never do and take flouextine. (Prozac) at first it was awful but slowly i am getting myself back. I have been to the gynaecologist had a endometrial biopsy taken and was all clear, but have to wait another month to see if things calm down. My symptoms include severe anxiety, mild depression, irregular periods, lower backaches & feels like slight ache where my ovaries are, the odd bad headache, waking in the night but no hot flashes just perspiring. I take angus castra, magnesium, zinc & evening primrose oil. I can not accept that i have to spend anywhere from now to however many years feeling like this. It has brought my life to a complete stop, but i will get through it by going back to exercising and going on holiday

• Posted

I'm also taking fluoxetine and started on 20mg after being on it two months I had to ring the doctor and ask if their was anything o could about the tiredness,his answer was to increase to 40mg which I didn't want to do,however after starting to feel a lot better besides the tiredness I started to get that awful down feeling again and not wanting to go out unless I had to or do anything so today I've just gone up to 40mg very nervous but like you I just want my life back and to feel excited about life again perimenopause can last up to 10 years in a fighter but this is something else beyond pulling yourself together.Hope you feel better soon.

• Posted

I was prescribed Prozac. My biggest problem is severe depression with anxiety and panic attacks. And the worst is the dry mouth.

I've been told a lot of the dry mouth is due to the depression but got worse when the dry mouth began. It's life altering.

Is anyone going through this?

• Posted

Yes I am although my dry mouth is not so bad , it is a side effect of prozac, make sure you drink enough fluids, as this medication can reduce your sodium levels which in turn will give you a dry mouth. Anxiety can also cause dry mouth as you have found. Perimenopause can effect your moods and depression and anxiety is more likely in someone who has previous suffered than someone who hasn't. Just remember it won'the last forever

• Posted

woo/estrella - please see my post above about the dry mouth spray it really helps! xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.