someone please help scared of devloping multiple personality disorder or schizophrenia

Posted , 6 users are following.

Does anyone fear that they are gonna get these 2 conditions? I have alot of depersonlisation and it's making me feel not me, so now I'm freaking out so much if i have one of these illnesses

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I feel like this now and again. But you find people with schizophrenia have had previous mental health issues such as strong cases of bi polar or heavy drug use. You won't get to that point it's only anxiety. With the depersonalisation I know it's horrible but you will have good and bad days appreciate the good ones xxxx
    • Posted

I was reading something about multiple personality disorder and it said your not born with it, it can devlop by it's self I freaked out so much! Xxx
    • Posted

But you've got help!!! That's if you leave it and hold your feelings in. You won't develop it so don't worry about it.. It's like standing outside with an umbrella waiting for it to rain! Big hugs xxx
  • Posted

Very common fear that I have worked hard to get over. It's not schiZ I promise you. And multiple personalities is very very rare.
  • Posted

Hi Rhirhi. Unfortunately I suffer from both these conditions, and to have both is quite rare. Honestly? I don't think you can develop either of these simply because you have another condition. Sure some conditions interlink.. such as schizophernia causes anxiety and depression, for various reasons. But if you have just depression, or just anxiety.. this doesn't mean you'll get schizophrenia. Hopethat makes sense.

But you know what? When I was diagnosed, yeah my world fell a part for a while. But then I picked myself up and slowly but surely built myself back up.

What I'm trying to say is please dont worry about anything. Everything can be managed and overcome with the right support.. and your life can and will be great again smile

If I can help at all, let me know. Take care!

• Posted

Hi rhirhi how are you, sorry your so anxious i have ocd and since 2008 ive had a major fear of developing schizophrenia or some other serious mental illness the fear has come and gone over the years but everytime i develop mind chatter from my anxiety i start to obsess im becoming phycotic I finally saw a phycratirac Dr and he said i do not have any phycotic illness after so many years of worring im finally going to accept that im.not phycotic. Maybe you should talk to a dr or therapist and tell them your fears. Believe me i know how anxious these fears make you i got that bad when i obsessed about being phycotic i started to take on behaviour that phycotic people do id google symptoms of schizophrenia and tgen my ocd brain would start thinking i had all the symptoms. Please see a therapist or doctor and be honest
    • Posted

I thought the same thing my dr said I'm depressed over losing my mom and I need to talk to a therapist
    • Posted

Hi antsy im so sorry you lost your mom your depression would be a completely normal reaction and would make your anxiety worse . Im glad I finally asked a dr if I Was phycotic after I told him all my symptoms i was so worried he would go yep your defiantly phycotic but he said its ocd and anxiety thank God.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.