Someone to talk to

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello everyone, just wanted to see if anyone wouldn't mind talking to me and sharing their anxiety issues. I really just want someone to talk to that can understand the same things that I'm going through. I've been hit hard with anxiety for over a year now ever since I went to college. When I came back home, things just didn't feel right, Eventually I had a full blown panic attack and became afraid to leave my home. 

Since then, I've been going to thearpy to try and work out my problems. It really didn't help that when I was at college, I was alone. I didn't make any friends. I felt really disconected from everyone and felt that I couldn't make any friends. And like I said, when I finished the year, all these crazy sensations came out of nowhere. From then on, I've been trying to work on my anxiety, and get back to living how I want to live my life. I've had a lot of ups and downs over this year. I even had a point where my anxiety was not existent and I felt incredible. I was begining to do things I would love which was exercise. Before my anxiety, I was a very active person. I would hit the gym 4-5 days a week, I would also do a lot of swimming and running. Sadly my anxiety has caused me to not work out for a very long time. I guess you could say that it's a bit depressing knowing that all that hard work I put in is going away. All because of these irrational thoughts and uncomfortable body sensations.  

Maybe someone else has been feeling to same way or had the same experience as me when they went to college. Like I said, I just want someone who has persoanl experience with this. I do talk to my family, but it's hard becuase they don't really understand how it feels. Not that my family isn't supportive, they have been awesome in helping me. I just feel that talking to someone who has anxiety, would be nice. Would be even better if it was someone from Arizona. Anways, thanks to anyone who reads this. Sorry this was kinda long, 

0 likes, 7 replies

Report / Delete

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi im not from arizona but anxiety can make you feel all sorts. I used to feel the same way as you and i didnt even go to college! I never left the house for a year cause i was scared something bad would happen or id pass out! I used to take panic attacks over nothing!!

Ive since started seeing a phychologist who is amazing at what he does! Since then ive been able to go places on my own i still get iffy but i do it.

All i can really say to you is try not to panic. When you go in a panic attack distract yourself by speaking to someone going on the internet ect..

The rule is try control your anxiety before it controls you

Stay strong😀

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi Michael

I'm so sorry your going they this. You replied to me post and I just found this. Goodness, anxiety is the worst esp because it comes out if know where. I wish I could help you...your young to have this and I hope someone can help you learn how to handle it so it doesn't consume you, like it has recently done to me.

It's especially hard when you have no one who understands it, thank goodness for the message boards where help and understanding can be found. Sometimes just having someone listen can be so helpful and you did they for me and today and I thank you. Like you told me, if you need to talk please send me a message.

I hope you feel better

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I would definitely start the exercise program again and get mentally fitter as a result.

walking, gym, swimming or running are all good cardio workouts.

rich

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Thanks for the response, I am trying to get back into the gym. Trying to take things easy, but it can be hard when you know your body can do so much more, but your mind is holding you back. Hopefully the more I go, the better my mind will be. Again, thank you for your response.
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I have had OCD since I was 21. It's hereditary in my family. I have a fear of germs. I'm always scared I'm going to get a stomach virus. I also don't eat some meats because I'm scared of getting salmonella from chicken or ecoli from hamburger. I'm currently housebound also because my Paxil stopped working last July and I have heart palpitations that cause my anxiety everyday. I'm transitioning from Paxil 45mg to Prozac. Now I'm having side effects from the Prozac of nausea and increased anxiety.
    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up