Someone to talk to and advice

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi all,

I am feeling very low and miserable am anxious about every little thing was wondering if anyone was free to Chat and discuss things that have helped you threw your experiences.

Thanks in advance kev,

2 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi Kev,

I am clincally depressed and have a massive amount of anxiety due to terrible circumstances in my life.  While it is still not great for me, the following things have helped me.

1. Wellbutrin

2. Sam-E herbal supplement for anxiety from any drugstore

3. running for a minimum of 50 minutes a day

4. Cut way down on any sugar.

5. Volunteer get your mind on someone else in need

6. be social, as much as you can stomach

7. seek counselling, I see my pastor

This is a weird one, but works for me.  I play poker.  It is a social game so you get to be around people but it also makes you use your left brain and a lot less of your right brain.  Your right brain has all the emotions the left is logical.

More than anything poker, well and running has really helped me.  It completely gets my mind off all of my worries.

• Posted

You are depressed and having panic attacks .If you have a Dr you need to see them,they can give you medicine to help thr sooner the better,
  • Posted

Hi Kev. I actually liked the advice that 3anon85986 offered. And probably couldn't offer much better. I wasn't just going to say just force yourself to go out somewhere and be around people.smile but I'm here for awhile if you want to chat.

• Posted

Thanks for replying,

I am still trying to do things and am still forcing myself to attend work I will try poker as I am or was fond of poker I dont want to be alone but can hardly stay sane around people either this may sound weird I was recently in hospital for two weeks and was reasonably content in there and as soon as I came out I hit rock bottom I don't no why this is I have made an appointment with the go for Tuesday as that was the earliest available

• Posted

Hi Kev,

please continue to post and let us know how things are going.

I am glad you are going to play poker. Hopefully, you will play live home games in lieu of online. That way you can be around other people, but you can talk as much or as little as you want, but will be around others with something to occupy your mind.

Someone else here said once they like video games, same left brain reason, I suspect.

But, I don't think isoloation is good for you now.

Good luck and God bless you.

• Posted

Kev, a few years ago I went through the same thing.

Desperate depression, unable to socialize, didn't even want to go to the shops for milk (even when I really wanted a cup of tea and i had run out of milk.)

It's a miserable state of affairs, Kev.

What helped me through my experiences was (wait for it) coming to Christianity.

That may not be for you, and I am not going to preach to you, so breathe a sigh of relief.

I had been through a terrible divorce, my wife got the children, I missed them so much, yet dreaded them coming round, as I had no idea what to do with them. Does that make sense?

Can you pinpoint what caused this to happen to you? I imagine that there was a time in your life when you felt fine? I hope so, anyway.

Keep chatting, mate. We're here for you.

Jasper.

• Posted

Hi guys,

Thanks for feedback I am trying to keep social mind I have never been very social even before all this started I agree there may have been a past pin point but for the life of me cannot think what has meds helped anyone is it worth trying them along with the other things?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.