Someone who is good in math , please answer ? Herpes 1 or no?

Posted , 3 users are following.

So I got blood tested again for herpes 1/2 got my

Result yesterday but ratio number for herpes 1 was

0.379         <0.9

Which is negative because it was in range

And my herpes 2 is

<0.1.          <0.9

Which is also negative but I got my blood tested 3 months ago for herpes both 1/2 which was also negative but my ratio number for herpes 1 was

0.0100         <0.9 

I’m confused both herpes 1 is negative but why did my ratio increased I’m not good in math does it mean that the virus is going to come to my body ? Cuz it scared me to see it increase to 0.379 which is still negative but isn’t that number larger den <0.9 I am so confused someone please help I’m not good in math at all but I jsr want to know even tho big time came negative why did the ratio number increase for herpes 1 this month ? Could that mean I’m getting the virus

1 like, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Hi , I wish I could help. But im also bad at math. Did you explain this to the nurse, doctor? I need to get tested again in a month or two because I came back negative.

Have you had any mild symptoms? Im wondering if i am a carrier myself.

• Posted

No they didn’t explain anything becasue it was negative jst the number increased but still negative jsr wanted to know why but there’s no point in explaining something that’s already negative but I jsr wanted to know why the number increased
    • Posted

And no no symptoms I jst got tested because I heard it wasn’t included so since feb from den I told them to include herpes and from February and August the number increased but still negative someone said it could be the lab it was sent to because they are different 
    • Posted

I jst found out and was told “The values of HSV-1 igg testing don't matter when you are dealing with a negative or a positive.  Those numbers will change regardless.  You can use the same blood sample and run the test 100 times and that number will change.  The change doesn't mean you have more or less herpes.  You will never fight off HSV it is a life long virus. ” but I will get tested again in 3 months for hsv1 igg even tho I never had a cold sore 

• Posted

So basically the value number doesn’t matter because it will always change regardless if it’s negstive or positive 
  • Posted

A significant increase in HSV IgG antibodies, measured by comparing results from acute and convalescent samples, indicates an active or recent infection.
    • Posted

I was told “The values of HSV-1 igg testing don't matter when you are dealing with a negative or a positive.  Those numbers will change regardless.  You can use the same blood sample and run the test 100 times and that number will change.  The change doesn't mean you have more or less herpes.  You will never fight off HSV it is a life long virus. “ 

• Posted

You’re getting what I’m saying mixed up , I was never positive for herpes 1 IGG I said the numbers from the feb till August changed in values which could be due to the lab it was went at and the number change regardless , you’re talking about if it was negative but turned positive but I was never positive to begin with 
    • Posted

Christine, I never said you were positive. I am just saying my knowledge on the matter.
    • Posted

I understand but I was told that it’s normal and that value number will never be the same , it will always change so they say. Like they said the change doesn’t mean I have more herpes or less herpes . Herpes is herpes. Either it’s positive or negative. And both test results I had was also sent to different labs so that’s another factor every lab is different with their values 
    • Posted

I was worried I’m sorry I was jst confused because I work at a lab as

Well but idk how the value numbers work because I realize they do change specially my lab 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.