Something inside so wrong

Posted , 4 users are following.

For 2 years with suffering with my legs, I have a question to ask as many people as Possible 

My power walking which I have stopped, is causing me literally to have no mobility use

Things to me ATM could not be worse 

I accepted it if late, then I mentally shook myself up and thought someone literally sitting and sleeping and only eating 24hours a day that there should be Alarm bells that something is seriously wrong 

I couldn't even go to watch massive fireworks incase, my legs felt they were going to give way.

I just don't feel I'm living and I'm not, I sleep eat and go on my phone with an odd walk to the shops 

If you are turning down going to church or other mild activitys to me, I have the fear of God in me that I'm destined for a wheelchair 

Why can't my legs feel like they can cope with basic activitie

I haven't had an accident, just severe power walking 2 weeks ago

The usual symptoms still persist, acid burning legs, tingling up and down, bones that feel they are worn away they are hollow and pain whenever I walk no matter how slow or how short a walk

In fact the only time my legs are normal is when I'm sleeping 

I can't bear to just carry on waking up each day and reclusive to the sofa I'm only 40

Let's hope someone out there can be my ray of sunshine 

Love as usual to all 💗

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

When I couldn't walk 100 feet without being exhausted, like I had legs made of lead, I knew something was very wrong.  Happened 3-4 years ago (around age 66).  Docs tried pills (ugh), pain meds by cath into my spine...nothing worked.  Neurosurgeon did a CT/Myelogram with contrast and told me that my lower back was a "junkyard" (his word).  What do you expect after 45 years of hockey.

Needed a full TLIF fusion of L3 through S1.  Ten days in the hospital, six months in a brace, four months of rehab, severe activity restrictions for a year.  It was a lot to go through but it fixed the problem permanently.  Before the surgery, I could barely walk.  Gave me my life back.  BUT...

You may not be that bad and only need a one- or two-level fusion (if a fusion is what the neuro recommends to fix your problem).  In that case, there's an LLIF (lateral) procedure that I had for stenosis at L2/L3.  Again, almost couldn't walk at all.  One overnight stay, no brace, no rehab, instant relief.  The third pic shows the device above my old fusion.  Search YouTube for "globus lateral" to see a cute animation.  AMAZING technology...but again, only if it's the right solution for your problem.  See a good neurosurgeon...soon...

• Posted

Dude what are you doin ??

GO SEE A DR. DOYELSTOWN ORTHOPEDICS ON STATE ST

DOCS BURROWS VICORN GOOD DOCS

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.