Something new

Posted , 10 users are following.

does any of you ladies ever just be sitting or laying around and your heart feels like its beating out your chest but not only that you can feel your heartbeat in your neck,back, shoulders,stomach? ive mentioned this to my dr the other day and of course like always its anxiety im not even anxious when this happens. she listened to my heart and everything so im hoping its nothing serious cause its freaking me out. my heart was checked full heart workup two years ago. i literally can watch my chest beating in rhythm with my heart beat. this started after last months cycle im so tired of staying scared and dealing with scary things on a daily basis.

1 like, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Hi Pamela,

Yes,

I first noticed this about 6 years ago. In my abdominal area.

Since then I have felt it it random different spots...

Neck, shoulder, different parts of my back, Feet, hands, and of course chest.

I was feeling it once while AT the doctor... he listened and didn't hear anything out of the ordinary.

I have tried to convince myself it just comes down to our brains being sensitive to things we used to be able to tune out, if that makes sense?

• Posted

Yes! Weird heart things sent me to the ER in December...Im having so many strange symptoms and weird period issues, Im afraid of uterine cancer and other things. The paranoia is off the charts!

• Posted

One of my 1st symptoms. Still get it, but not as bad since cycles stopped almost 2 years ago.

• Posted

thanks ladies its scary its got me now in the mode of being aware of my heart beating this is driving me nuts. i even said to my dr is this a out of rhythm thing going on she said no so i guess i have to trust her on that. its always something to deal with ugh

• Posted

Yes i do this as well...it feels like i can feel my heart pounding in my ears and throughout my body....and its not a panic attack ive had those going to the dentists. This just happens for no reason

• Posted

yes out of nowhere and like you said its not a panic attack ive had plenty of those all my life

• Posted

Yes, it's awful and scary. Mine seems to be up into my neck and throat area. It's particularly annoying when trying to lay down to sleep, then you lay there for an hour thinking your heart is going to stop and can't fall asleep. It seems to happen for me around ovulation and a few days before my period.

• Posted

yes i had this the other day, it woke me up twice, then happened again in morning after walking up stairs, it felt like i was going to die, didn't know what happened, i went to A n E , put on heart monitor, to be told heart is fine, and was told it was panic attacks, i argued and said it wasn't panic attack as i was calm sleeping, it woke me up, iv had some very nasty panic attack, doc told me id had silent panic attacks that had woken me up, i asked how, when I was sleeping doc said, while i was sleeping my subconscious mind was working over time and sending my heart racing like it was beating so hard i thought it was going to

• Posted

completely bound out of my chest

• Posted

silent panic attacks thats interesting i wonder if they can be silent while we awake as well cause im not even panicking when this is happening.

• Posted

yes i couldn't believe what the doctor was saying, also some times I'm really stressed out, but don't have a panic attack, some times they just come on for nothing, but when I'm calm I'm finding they happen so much More, it's like a delayed reaction to when iv been really stressed out, a few months ago i was out with friends, calm, happy having a great time, Just ordered our food, i went in to a major panic attack, struggling to breath, going blue, my friends had to call an ambulance, felt like i was going to die, couldn't stand up, head all dizzy, disoriented, was a very scary time for my self and friends , this is how explain i have panic attacks, so when i woke up from sleep...i really couldn't believe it was a panic attack

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.