something that's helping me

Posted , 2 users are following.

I came across an add in Forbes mag titled how to be more interesting (in 10 different steps) Out of boredom/ curiosity I clicked on it. And oddly enough I found a few simple steps that is kind of helping me come out of my anxiety/depression box. This might not pertain to everyone but if you are like me you deal with anxiety and depression bc you care wayyyyyy to much about others and their opinion of you and you may tend to withdraw and you've COMPLETY lost your motivation, or you just feel you need to find yourself or figure out who you are as a person, here goes a few things.... 

3. Do something. Anything. 

Dance. Talk. Build. Network. Play. Help. Create. It doesn’t matter what you do, as long as you’re doing it. Sitting around and complaining is not an acceptable form of ‘something,’ in case you were wondering.

4. Embrace your innate weirdness.No one is normal. Everyone has quirks and insights unique to themselves. Don’t hide these things—they are what make you interesting.

5. Have a cause.

If you don’t give a damn about anything, no one will give a damn about you.

7. Give it a shot.

Try it out. Play around with a new idea. Do something strange. If you never leave your comfort zone, you won’t grow.

9. Grow a pair.

Bravery is needed to have contrary opinions and to take unexpected paths. If you’re not courageous, you’re going to be hanging around the water cooler, talking about the guy who actually is.

10. Ignore the scolds.

Boring is safe, and you will be told to behave yourself. The scolds could have, would have, should have. But they didn’t. And they resent you for your adventuresThose are the few ideas that have been helping me through out the past few days along with self motivation, positive thinking (I literally have to close my eyes for a few secs and think of something postive to snap myself back), and FAITH! I know that I have have so much more faith in myself. Everyone is dealing w their own struggles, so in this life we must depend on ourselves to pick ourselves up. No one will ever understand you fully. And honestly I feel like no one will ever understand themselves fully bc we are human. Everyday we are continuously growing, learning, advancing. As long as we allow ourselves to. Meaning we will never be the same as we were YESTERDAY bc TODAY we're making the choice to be better. To grow, to enjoy, to educate ourselves and one another. All in all we need to just embrace our weirdness odd behavior and never question ourselves. As long as out intentions are good I mean why would we???? No no matter what age, what environment, what MINDSET you are in never give up. Keep pushing and keep learning bc you still have to much learning to do! You are great. You are amazing. You are powerful. You are beautiful. You are FUNNY. You are UNIQUE! You are you! And what could be better than that? Haha ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

2 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hey Nelebe

How far have you come?  WOW this is awesome and inspiring and I am smiling so much.  This is all soooooo right.  Enjoy being you.  something depression has given us is compassion for others and their own struggles, and that is a great gift.  Thanks for helping all of us on the forum with your ideas today.  You have made my day.

• Posted

I soo happy this was enough to make you smile and make you day(: it's no problem I'm gona keep posting things that I think will help. We have to work through this together you know? ❤️
  • Posted

Just a thought.  I had words (kind of an argument) with my husband last night.  We get on really well but we also have a spat from time to time.  Anyway I went off to bed after him calling me an idiot (I think that was in retaliation to something I said that was equally mean) and instead of going to bed crying and fuming and thinking how awful our marriage is....how mean he is ....how this is just not working....all the usual dramatically overerly sensitive things that obsess my brain usually, I went to bed and relaxed and slept like a baby.  Before I went to sleep I thought Oh well, I am not taking this to heart llike I usually do, so WOW arent I doing well.  So I focussed on how resilient I am becoming rather than all the negatives.  Just wanted to share that with all of you.

We woke up this morning and my husband expected me to be sulking about last night still, which i would have done usually, but instead I started a new day and chose not to carry over any of yesterdays negativity.  Then I made us breakfast which we ate in the sun listening to the birds.

• Posted

That's amazing abella! I bet it felt good to just let go and not worry or stress over it. Saying you know what everything is all right I won't let this break me down or tear us apart. We'll start over w a fresh start. 👏👏👏👏👏 I love it. 
  • Posted

Nelebe

Thank you my friend.  Have a great day, and keep in touch here, about the good and the bad.  Thats what we are here for.  Support in managing our lives with depressive illnesses.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.