Soothing Food

Posted , 7 users are following.

I am going through a very hard time finding things

I can eat without pain . Could anyone say what you find soothing

to your stomach . I can't have soup .

I thought it might helps others who are struggling too .

Thanks

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

I am ok with Fish Mash Peas Carrots Yorkshire pudding Chicken a little Gravy    Pears I can't eat Red Meat ( I would love a burger) Salad Eggs Mushroom Tomatoes Nuts Skins only the odd Yogurt   Some people can eat what they want but I have DD and IBS so find food difficult. Everyone is different it's a lot of trial and error 

• Posted

Hi Susan

I too have DD and IBS and if I ate one of the things on your list

I would be in trouble . I would love an egg and sausage . I make my own

Yorkshire pudding but haven't been able to eat it for years, I think it's something

to do with flour because I have trouble with anything with flour .

You are lucky to eat the range that you can . I'm seeing my GP as I can't go

on like this.

• Posted

I am seeing a dietitian in april so will let you know what they say x
    • Posted

I saw a dietician whilst in hospital . She prescribed liquid drinks

for me but because of the milk and acid in them I can't have them .

I've been prescribed fruit drinks recently but again they're

full of acid which I can't tolerate.I think if you can't eat certain foods

dieticians only know meal replacement drinks .

Good luck and let me know how you get on.

• Posted

I can eat food cooked in the crockpot.  I eat ground chicken, beef , pork tenderloin but shy away from any meats hard to digest.as in steak.  

Cooked fruits as in peaches and applesauce. Vegetables as carrots.  I don't eat a lot of vegetables which i miss. Unless the are cooked pretty well.  Avoid tough skins as in peppers or casings as in sausage and make sure no seeds. If I have a roll there are no seeds and no multigrain breads.  Fiber is tough getting through my system so I watch items loaded with fiber.  Luck to all.

No blueberries and I love them.  When I make homemade pasta sauce I use puree or strained tomatoes.  

• Posted

Hi Madeline

I can't eat any meat . I can't tolerate veg either . This is a terrible disease.

• Posted

It’s so hard to find something that tastes good! If you are trying to find clear liquids. Really weak tea either hot or iced, jello but not red as this may look like blood in the stool. Italian ice, popsicles, Gatorade . I had been on liquids for 8 days( way too long) then had toast, pancakes, eggs,applesauce and yogurt.

I found Tylenol and a heating pad to be very helpful.

• Posted

Hi Linda.

The one thing that worked for me ,is avocados, a couple of days without them and I have been struggling. Hope you can tolerant them .

• Posted

I posted in another thread of yours Linda, I will post again here, I too suffer greatly with certain foods, I notice you can't eat meat? I found that my gut is intolerant of modern reared animal products, for example, those that are grain fed given hormones and antibiotics! Pasture fed organic has no effect however and is much tastier to boot, many of our ailments can also be traced to the eating of modern wheat even though it hasn't been genetically modified it has changed considerably over the last thirty years and there has been a lot of scientific study into its effects and is a primary cause of inflammation and left unchecked can result in immune responses such as IBS etc etc, also cutting out foods from the nightshade family because of the lectins they contain which our bodies can't digest and also over time can cause gut problems. I have found swapping over to organic veg to help in cutting down on my intake of pesticides has helped too, you could try a grain free and a lectin avoidance diet to see if that helps?

All the best.

• Posted

I also have DD, mild IBS, Barrett's esophagus, a hiatal hernia, and severe acid reflux. I have a hard time eating so many things. I hate it. My stomach burns if I eat any type of tomato sauce. I need wheat bread for the DD at least in a mild form. I eat banaba and they seem to help me. I eat canned carrots and sometimes mashed potatoes. I love rotisserie chicken but I don't eat much else for meat. I eat salad.

• Posted

Goodness me you have a lot going in. I had pizza last night and was at the toilet at 5-15 this morning. Still got stomach pain. It's my own Coulter I know I shouldn't eat it. My neighbor has had DD for 20 years she eats what she wants and just takes Imodium 

• Posted

Should be a lot going on. And fault not Coulter. I am still half asleep lol 
    • Posted

I figured Coulter meant fault lol and maybe I have never heard it cause I'm American. Lol

• Posted

The heating pad works very well as does Tylenol.

I think a lot of us have IBS TOO.

I find after a trigger food I get a lot more cramping and running to the bathroom. Also it takes about 30 hours for meat that digest and after eating a seasoned filet about 30 hours ago my IBS has been triggered.

In my case too many episodes of IBS sometimes flare up my diverticulosis and I must then again cut back to soft foods.

• Posted

Hi Linda

You have so many different medical problems it is difficult to know what to suggest to you.  Having read about the complications that can arise after gall bladder surgery, I wonder if your problems all relate to these complications.  The NHS website advises that if you are suffering these complications, like leaking bile into your tummy, or suspect you are, you should return to your doctor, as excess bile might need to be drained, or further surgery carried out. 

It is not right that the only food you can eat is carrots and banana, plus the odd mouthful of sweet potato and chicken, without absolutely everything else causing excessive pain and bloating.  You must be severely deficient in all sorts of vitamins and minerals which will be making you feel even worse.  Please seek help and don't let the doctors fob you off.  They should be very concerned over your weight loss and see there is need to take action.  Good luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.