Sore muscles, hair falling out , not sleeping

Posted , 3 users are following.

Can anyone share their experience of taking HRT and if it helped with any of those symptoms. Also how long till it made a difference including helping with night sweats. Finally anyone who exercises regularly find that it caused weight gain.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I still have the sore muscles 6 months in! The hair loss I can directly link to estrogen levels and when I was advised to reduce my dosage and my estrogen was tested and found to have dropped very low (your body stops producing its own when you supplement) my hair loss started again. So I know to keep my dosage at a certain level now. It took about 6 weeks to stop falling out and 4 weeks at the lower dosage to start again. Week 5 of the increased dosage I'm still seeing some hair loss which is frustrating as it takes so long to grow back! Sleeping was also massively affected by falling estrogen along with headaches. Within a couple of weeks this resolved for me. It's a trial and error to get the dosage right for your body but at least you'll be able to see how your body responds and adjust accordingly.

• Posted

Hi Jane. 

?With myself it helped me with the night sweats, sore muscles & poor sleep. It took a few weeks to feel the benefits but i felt really well on the HRT. I was 57 when put on HRT. You may find trial & error but once on the right one you will certainly feel the benefits! Good for hair & nails too.I I have had mine changed a few times as now i am Menopausal , hope this helps 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.