Sore patch inside vagina!!

Posted , 5 users are following.

Just when I thought I was recovering well I have woken up today with an extremely sore area within my vagina. Got a mirror to have a look and there is a small, swollen, red patch (looks like I have been bitten or the start of a boil). Anyone else had this? I await the advice and help of my lovely Forum friends.

2 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi.Is it just inside. Mine is like this just inside on the right.Red and swollen. Had it weeks and the doctor told me all healing ok.I am 9wks post op thought would recover faster. Still can't sit flat for more than 10mins.The red area has white line along it so didn't know if maybe was stitched.Hope you get well soon.
    • Posted

Hi, both my walls looked really inflamed with white lining, it almost looked like mouth ulcers. Pleased to say they healed up, without any treatment.

• Posted

Hi Jools,

I have not had this but am seeing my surgeon this week.  I have two pages of questions!  I will add this to my list.  I am not leaving until all questions answered to MY satisfaction.  I like my surgeon - she is vey direct and will answer in the same fashion.  Hope to be able to change to her in the future.  Will let you know.  Meanwhile, hope someone has some suggestions for you.  Have you called your surgeon?  Nickie

• Posted

I was sore everywhere inside.  I never thought to look...  Hope you are able to talk to your surgeon or his/her staff - or even the hospital floor nurses who may be able to give you advice...
    • Posted

Hi. Thanks for repy but can only guess you are not in Britain as chances of speaking to surgeon or hospital staff once discharged from hospital is zilch!! My follow up appointment is 17 weeks post surgery. Bit late then!!! 

I wonder whether soreness comes from wearing a sanitary pad every day and night for past six weeks, so last night slept au naturel and this morning felt better. Think I need to let the air get to my newly augmented bits!! Cannot believe the things we discuss on here! Lol.

• Posted

I suppose we should identify our location - I'm in the US and apparently things are managed differently. We don't have universal health care (not sureif we're headed in that direction or not).  I'm glad you found some relief from your discomfort.

Yes, it feels strange to be discussing such personal topics, but I'm glad we have found "sisters" who share our troubles and concerns and sometimes give advice that helps.  I feel comfortable sharing things I wouldn't normally consider sharing, knowing that this forum is anonymous!

• Posted

Hi Raesue - I am in Canada.

hope for many people that the US does get universal care.  Sure there are disadvantages but if you don't have universal care, you can get into awful trouble.  We didn't have it when I was young and my mom took very sick.  I had to go to work full time at age 13 (I lied about my age) or go on something called relief which meant subsidized housing, a small allowance for food and a huge bill when my Mom went back to work.  There is a woman called Janice here who had to have her surgery in the US at a clinic because she couldn't afford hospital - they can't afford to pay for insurance.  I would rather wait a while and pay zero than NOT have the surgery.  By the way, the surgery of which I speak for Mom was a hysterectomy with A&P repairs but with the abdominal cut - no other way back then.  I am 71 now.  I do NOT want to go back to the good old days when we had to pay for everything.  My husband has congestive heart failure, is an insulin dependent diabetic and is mobility impaired due to multiple disc failure in his back which are inoperable.  I have nephritis, a wonkey thyroid, and a neurological issue.  We would be bankrupt!  My grandson has needed 3 open-heart surgeries to live and will several more until he is full grown - he is 8.  This is no excuse for Jools not having access to advice though. We have walk-in clinics here who would help you if you didn't have a family doctor.   If help was unavailable here, there would be a lot of backlash and it woudn't be allowed to happen.  I think there is two-tier health system in the UK if I am not mistaken and that was shot down in flames here for that reason. Sorry for the pulpit but Janice's story made all those memories come back.  I neer thought I would join any forum - let alone one about this very private sort of surgery but I don't think my recovery would have gone as well without the support of all my new friends here.

God bless.

Nickie

• Posted

Jools - does the surgeon who did the surgery not have his/her own office?  Or a Women's Centre with someone on duty?  My niece said health care was not as good as here in Canada but that is ridiculous.  As I said earlier, I am seeing my surgeon on Thursday but have been in touch with a doctor in her office at least on a weekly basis or when I have questions - except weekends.  I will let you know what she says but that is a sad statement of affairs if there is really no where for you to turn to.  With our universal health care here, people complain of the waiting time but it's free and if it's really urgent, it's done fast (Iknow from my husband's many illnesses).  Do you have a family doctor who could help?

Nickie

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.