Sore throat help

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi as anyone had a really sore dry throat and pain in ear and jaw one side from acid reflux I've been suffering really bad with heartburn my doctors reffuring me back to hospital because it's been so bad I wh n and saw him last week since going to see him my throat has become more sore and dry and my voice is also affected and pain in ear and glan one side you any of you know a way I can sooth it without irritating it further than it is already I can't eat much either only softe food 

1 like, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Get endoscopy from GI, and then follow up with an ENT

Biotene has a gel tube for dry mouth that works well.. it sticks to the mouth .

In  isle with mouth wash .

All those symptoms you mention seem to be from Gerd . Not to sure about the ear though 

• Posted

Please see your doctor soon it could be a infection. It's better to be safe than sorry it sounds miserable.get better soon. 

• Posted

I also get a dry throat, earache in left ear and my throat hurts! I have been on omprezole for about 21/2 months! Things have gotten Better! When I get the scratchy sore throat I take a teaspoon of honey! Goes away in seconds! Works! I also carry root beer barrel candy if i am out and use them. They do not effect reflux! I had a barium swallow test and endoscopy! Diagnosed with a sliding hernia and inflamed esophagus! Also get pressure in chest, top of abdomen and short of breath! The meds work with diet and gone unless I slip up on diet!

Best of luck

• Posted

Hi do you get burning and sore feeling in Gullet as well as throat also a stinging feeling that makes me cough 
  • Posted

I have had the onset of reflux for right at a year now, and the symptoms have changed, and progressed since that time.

I am surfing these threads when I found this one because over the past two months one new thing I have been experiencing sounds similar to what you are mentioning.

I started noticing left side sensitivity, and tender pain on the hard palate roof of my mouth, and it seems to be related to my left sinus. Lately it seems as though I can feel burning, and a bad taste, and smell in my left sinus more than my right. The left side of my face, and head get sore, my teeth hurt on that side, and are sensitive. Seems to effect my ear on that side, and my throat is definition more sore on that side. Post nasal drip also.

I have had a barrage of tests done over the past year, and so far all they found was some gastritis, and small amount of barrels esophagus.

I have not even been clinically diagnosed with Reflux yet, but my PC Doctor said it definitely is effecting me. She has it herself so she recognizes the symptoms. She put me on PPI's but I can not take them as they make me very sick.

With this last symptom like you are mentioning, so far no answers. Been to the dentist even, and neither her, nor my PC can see anything on the roof of my mouth that would indicate why it would feel different or sore.

Sure would like to know if anyone finds out anything.

• Posted

I'm going to have another gastroscope next week hopefully I will get some answers 

• Posted

I had a sinus issue for 10 months! Left ear always hurt! Nose always stuffed. Clearing throat constantly! At night it was worse. Woke up in the morning felt like bronchitis and short of breath. Then pressure in upper abdomen and burning in throat. Teeth hurt. Finally wemt to doctor. He sent me for a barium swallow. Showed no hiatal hernia just mild narrowing in the distal end of esophagus. Sent for endoscopy. Found a sliding hiatal hernia and inflamed esophagus. Put on omprezole and strict diet. Cut out caffeine and soda. Almost 3 months later all is gone. Anxiety made it worse. Given xanax for when shortness of breath got bad. Now slowly getting off omprezole. I do carry rice cakes in my car cause when I get hungry pressure in chest starts. It works. Diet suks but small meals 4x a day. Feeling great. There is hope! Doctor thought I was nuts when I told him my ear hurt and stuffy nose. This was my family doctor. Gastro doctor said it's all related. They also did 5 biopsey s all is clear. My worse thing was doctor Google! Lol all my symptoms on there showed the worst! I have family issues and crazy sister. Learn to walk away and Remember no stress cause what happens today will be gone tomorrow. U can't change others so don't try! There is hope. Best of luck

• Posted

Hi Nancy

This gives me something to look forward to, as I have had very similar problems with my left ear, nose also but worse in the left nostril. Teeth hurting on left side of mouth, and sensitive teeth on that side exclusively.

The one odd thing that has me concerned is a sore, and what seems to be somewhat raised spot on the roof of my hard palate, also on left side. Both my doctor, and dentist say they cannot see anything or notice any difference.

Anxiety though, and stress though I have had really problems with, am working on getting that under control.

• Posted

Thank you I'm having another gastroscope done next week hopefully I will get done answers I'm already worrying what the biopsys will show 

• Posted

I had 5 biopsies! Freaked out for two weeks waiting for the results! Showed nothing! I worried for nothing! It is scarey but it's the only way of knowing! I read on doctor Google that they don't always do biopsies which made things worse but my doctor said he always take samples! As most! Doctor told me to stay off doctor Google! Lol you will be fine! Keep me posted

• Posted

Do you go for the throat spray of sedation ? I've always had sedation but I gag  really bad I will keep you posted 

• Posted

They give you an IV and put a relaxer in it! It takes 5-20 min total time and you are Done! So worth sleeping! Spray will keep you nervous! Go for sleep!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.