Sore throats just got worse

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all today I had endoscopy and I had the throat spray and sedation I can't remember a thing about it but I was told I pulled the scope out myself my body went into a panic well fine coming home tonight and eatting some thing  I was starved hungry my throats so sore more the left side feels like I've cut or scratched it deep in my throat should I be concerned or see how it is over the next few days 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

The doctor will call you in the morning to check on you just run past him the sore throat issue. I did not have this but read you can after endoscopy. It seems pretty common. Best of luck
  • Posted

I "became combative" when they tried to put another tube down my throat to see why I had bile in my stomach.  Since I wouldn't let them finish the procedure, I don't really know the cause of the bile being always present. 

just had an aspiration episode so I am up checking the board.

I hope you feel well soon.  Did they say if everything looked okay?

• Posted

Yes from what they managed to look at but got to have a barium swollow font to check further down in stomach so not completely investigated yet 
  • Posted

If you pulled the scope out, it could have scratched it, sore throat is normal after endoscopy for a day or two, I would call them and ask they can give you something for it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.