Soreness behind knee

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi, can anyone help please, I am 9 weeks post Tkr now and before op when laying flat, always had so much soreness behind knee.   I thought this had gone now that I have an straight leg but it has started up again.  Also soreness on left hand side of knee, like a burning sensation.   This morning I am getting odd little twinges above knee which do go away after a few minutes but completely take your breath away when it happens.   Does anyone else experience the at all?

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I have read the responses and there is good advice there. I wonder if you might be having twinges due to dehydration? I have had them. The meds do dehydrate and to flush our systems properly we need to drink a LOT of water. Since I drink more water I have had no twinges.

Mary

• Posted

i will bear that in mind and stay hydrated, thanks.  Can't under stand it's the same soreness I had before the op though, it's like a cutting feeling and I get It as well if I sit on a chair for long periods
    • Posted

It might be that your hamstrings are tight and sitting makes them tighter. Do you stretch them out when you do physio?
    • Posted

It is essential to warm up and cool down during every session of physio even when you do it at home. Stretching during the cool down allows your body time to recover and keeps your muscles supple and loose. It is very important especially as you become stronger and the joint becomes more flexible. I recommend it.
    • Posted

Ok I wll look some up on google and incorporate them in. Thanks 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.