Sorry

Posted , 6 users are following.

To be posting so much.  I think I have to go to emergency.  Feeling so chilled and nnasious .  Have all this phlegm at the back of mt throat.  Keep having to cough to get rid of it.  I am sure it's the meds because I haven't had this only since taking them.  Been on them 2 months now.  I don't think I should be experiencing this.  Do you?

0 likes, 17 replies

Report / Delete

17 Replies

• Posted

Yup - agree; time to go to the ER or A&E and get someone to check you over!
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi Lynda, yes time for you to check out at a&e. Good luck
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Yes go see your GP, might not be the meds might be some nasty bug thing but go get it checked and let me know what they say ❤️😀🙏
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi I am not sure you would get a good reception at A and E unless this is an emergency and I think the best thing to do is go and see your doctor asap.  x
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Hi hypercat

i did go.  They didn't have much to say.  Will see my dr on Monday.  They did say that serlatine should of kicked in by 3-4 weeks.  Which made me chuckle.  This of course is not correct.  Still battling side effects at that point.

lynda

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Actually, it takes as much as 3 - 6 months (depending on what you read) for a new rx to atke effect. Very much dependant on your rx history, age, condition etc. But I'm glad you went!
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Sertraline is horrid for side effects but it is a good SSRI. 8 weeks the symptoms should be easing off but with the anxiety that could be winding your body up thus amplifying the side effects. First few weeks on Paroxetine and it's no wonder I was suicidal, but they do work and are worth taking 
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi

i was on Sertraline for several months and it did absolutely nothing for me except make me more depressed. If you're still feeling this way, get your doctor to change your prescription. There are all sorts of different SSRI's out there. Keep track of any side effects and report back to your doctor. Good luck....

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up