sorry all.

Posted , 3 users are following.

When I found this site and read some reviews I could relate to a lot of posts and only got involved in contributions hoping that in someway I could help others, give advice where I thought I was able or be a listener to anyone who needed to be heard, however I have now realised that o became distracted by some of the wonderful comments I've received that I have began to add my own problems/issues and that was not my intent. My problems have gone on for years and I have adapted. I thank you all for your contributions and I,m so sorry for going awry, it won't happen again but I do intend to keep visiting this site and if I think I can advise anyone on any subject I will attempt to do so. You are all marvellous individuals and I wish you all the best. Especially the ones I've met on here who are now closest to my heart.

2 likes, 10 replies

Report / Delete

10 Replies

• Posted

No need to apologise . It is up to you how you interact with people, what you say and how often you come on.
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Hi Carmel, thank you so much for your kind reply, with me being computer illiterate and hearing of things like my space and Twitter and Facebook etc, (none of which I use) I feel pretty awful contributing to this site if unnecessary, people are hurting and turn to this site, I an myself but I,m old now and salvation is not on the cards for me yet with my experience in life o believe I could help others to avoid sharing the same fate. Psychologist and other professionals gather their data from books and courses, all well and good but although beneficial it will never replace someone who as actually lived the feelings or deeds that they have read about, that's why I will only advise were I believe I am able, in the past I've done drugs, been an alcoholic had experiences I don't want to relive on this forum and I have overcome them all? I,m strong to a degree yet I have so many flaws I,m still dealing with. I know I have the ability to help others and I want too. sometimes it is better to be alone than to be with those who hinder your progress? I only read that saying yesterday, believe it's a Buddha saying? I can't agree more. Thank you hun, your comment is appreciated.
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Hi David. The very best therapist is one who has been through it as well as studied and trained for it. I have come across people - very often ones who applied to me for a job - with a string of qualification but not streetwise, no common sense or not able to see things from the other person's point of view and I have come across people with no qualifications at all who were terrific at listening and supporting beause of the way they can analyse things and their experiences - people like you. Like you I dont use face book twitter etc but mostly because spending time on there would mean helping less clients in my office, which would be rather daft . I am not one for small talk either. Talking about the weather or what was on tv last night with a total stranger I will never meet just seems like a bore to me and a waste of time. It is good to meet someone who has an opinion and experiences and is not talking down to others or trying to be superior when they are really the blind leading the blind - as so often happens on forums. Even if they mean well it can be misleading. You come across to me as a caring person who is not trying to score brownie points and truly wants to help others - a really nice person, not many of those around. You are very right when you say it is better to be alone than with those who hinder progress.

I

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Carmel, how nice was that reply? I am almost in years here "i kid you not" you seem to understand of what i speak. Never have i felt so humble. It us ok for one to have à vision but for another to understand is indeed à blessing. You have made my heart soar with your understanding. How if indeed possible could i possibly ask others to open their hearts "not eyes" and feel thé same, our world would prosper thé population would tolerate eachother our naturak resourses would last eternity and our future would be set. sorry hun, waffling on again. It truelly is à nightmare being me. 

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

David that's a sweet thing to dayxxxx.  When I first came on the site feeling down and sorry for myself. When I started to read what people were saying. It actually made me realise how lucky I am. And feeling for the people I am in contact with.there for taking my mind off my own problems and thinking of there's.  This I believe has in turn helped me a lot.xxx
    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up