Sorry and Thankyou

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi everyone. For those who have read my previous blogs you'll know I'm meant to be going on holiday today. I've made the decision to not go. Sorry if I've let any of you down. I think it's all just too much too soon. I think I want to go away when I'm ready, not when others plan for me. Who would have thought anxiety can make you feel so ill - I've been trying not to be sick all morning, had diorrehea, headache, a cold and just completely exhausted. Can't wait to start eating and sleeping properly. Feels like a massive lift off my shoulders already. 

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Don't worry Amy you haven't let anyone down.  Only you know what you can cope with and trying to do something that you can't cope with would have ruined the holiday for you and everyone else.  It's important that you don't always hide from situations that you think might make you anxious but if you always push yourself into situations where you end up feeling bad you won't be able to build up memories of feeling good.  I have previously cancelled going out with friends when I'm feeling bad, but on other nights have gone out as I was feeling a bit stronger.  It's all a learning process and you need to give yourself a break and gradually build up your confidence.  Try and have a nice time while the others are on holiday.
  • Posted

if it feels like the right decision for you then it is the right decision, a holiday is a big thing to undertake if you feel that anxious about it . I believe it is better to set your self small targets and even if you have to push yourself try to accomplish that and slowly build up your confidence that way . i as i suspect most people on this forum know how it feels to have a pressure removed so enjoy the relief that has given you , 
  • Posted

Well done Amy! You have obviously made the right decision because that is what your body is telling you ie. it feels better. A difficuly choice to make to resist all the pressures from other people (and your conditioned self, probably). Well done for speaking up for your heart and not your head. It was definatly the right thing to do, dont beat yourself up about it. You are taking responsible care of yourself. Love Athol xx
  • Posted

Hi! 

You've   not let anyone down. You've made the right decision for you after taking advice, thus it was an informed decision. Don't worry. 

Good luck! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.