Sorry folks if this is too much information!

Posted , 8 users are following.

I need help. A big dose of it.

C.O.N.S.T.I.P.A.T.I.O.N..........

Even with all the water, fruit, veg, Im finding I am just not erm... shifting.

Is it ok to take Fybogel with Orlistat? Has anyone had the same problem? 

Britney.....woo hoo!             rolleyes

1 like, 25 replies

25 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I was constipated for the first two weeks now into my third week I was eating lots of apples and it still wasn't shifting it so last week went and got some laxatives I took them Wednesday night which was a massive mistake because I was expecting them to kick in as soon as I woke up however they didn't and I was out and busy all day Thursday I had to keep running to the nearest toilet but the past two days I have seemed to be going as usual but I'm not convinced it's the last I will suffer with it. I'm sure it was Britney and husky lover who gave me advice on this it's on a post by me called bran flakes for breakfast
    • Posted

Thanks ceejay for responding... this is now my 3rd week too but I have been ok until this last week when nothing but Dynorod could shift.  I usually take Fybogel as I have a sluggish bowel anyway but stopped it with taking the Orlistat as I didnt want to be put in any precarious positions, wink wink!

I just wondered if it would be still ok to take. Im going to chance it anyway because I need some movement somewhere along the line! cheesygrin

• Posted

I take fibogel with orlistat but find with sennakot it is better, honeydew melon works a treat if im out ov them haha
    • Posted

I'm not a massive fan of fruit but i would say melon and dried fruits are my least favourite I am going to invest in a juicer though as I like the taste of most fruits just not the texture. 
    • Posted

I would say it's worth the risk if adnamarrac takes them with orlistat I would probably say your ok. Adnamarrac did you ask at the chemist/dr's  if it was still ok to take them with orlistat??? If you did check I would definitely say they are ok if not I would risk it tonight Im sure they aren't gonna do much harm but I would ask at chemist tomorrow just to double check!!!
    • Posted

I will chance one tonight before I go to bed. I was concerned about the loss of vitamins etc.. but needs must in this case. Otherwise I think I might pop!  wink

• Posted

Oooh been there done that Adnamarrac (melon that is)... Im chancing a Fybogel. And if all else fails, Im getting the Dam busters out! biggrin
  • Posted

Hello Dawny :-)

Prunes or rhubarb always do it for me, although I have not had any problems in that department apart from the first week. You could try a gentle laxative, but rhubarb will definately move things along, if you can bear the taste of it! eek

Daisy x

///*.*\\\

• Posted

Hi Daisywoo...

I wish I could say the same re prunes and rhubarb as I love both, but I have been known in moments of desperation to eat enough of both to get things moving... with no success. I think I need to restart the Fybogel and see how I go. Its been a tough week, this one.. but no gain without pain or 'summat like that! Thanks for replying! xx

• Posted

fresh pineapple and fresh papaya and coconut water in a blender.  this will help you eliminate naturally.  back home in the islands, this is what we do. NATURALLY.
    • Posted

Ive tried the natural remedies OctoberV... this calls for some major action. Fresh pineapple and papaya and coconut water sounds very exotic though!smile
  • Posted

Hi my doctor perscribed them for me at time of getting orlistat knowing i get constipation anyways xxxxx
    • Posted

Brilliant stuff!!! At least you know they are safe to take together dawn.
    • Posted

That'll do for me! Onwards and upwards. Or was that onwards and downwards??

Thanks Adnamarrac!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.