sorry having a moan

Posted , 4 users are following.

Have several gut issues, which are making life hard. But have to get on with it. But since gallbladder removal last year it's increased more so as always need to use the loo one end or the other. A trip to Australia to visit step son and family was something to look forward to, but have had to tell hubby to go alone aswith toilet issues can't see a way around it.

A long trip'm on an aeroplane and if folk are queuing up it could be a disaster.

Just needed to vent sorry folks, normally not a loaner, though hubby might say different :-)

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

are feel for you hun its another little understood condition 

you will get stomach problems after any stomach surgery i did after my hysterectomey , .but if you have issues allready   i is uppose it will make matters even worse . i really cant think of what to suggest , have you thought of looking at it from a homeopathic way . a proper registered homeopath treats the whole person , and listens to everything . it might be an option .to think about .

is there nothing the doctor can give you to stop the problem . 

my dad bowl cancer and and before it got to serious he to take i think 8 immoden a day to slow things down , i have heard of people who need to make a trip  that have a bout stomach upset . being given an injection . to sort it out . 

not sure if any of this would be suitable for your conditions worth considering .eek

• Posted

Sorry to hear that Janet. I am having my gallbladder removed next week.

Atleast now I know what to expect!!

• Posted

Do not regret the op, just want to live life now and enjoy lifemore. The 24 hour journey is a long time. I have always.wanted to do this trip. I always try to be positive but this has got to me this Time.

Cannot cope with trying to adjust the meds as whatever I do it makes things worse.

Have had so many issues in my life that was hoping things would look up. But helps to vent it out, and knowing that others would understand. Thanks for listening.

• Posted

Hi Janet;  I am really sorry that you feel you cannot make the plane-trip...this in itself is prob  causing you more stress, with rebound affects on your original issue.   Seriously think about discussing this prob with your  treating dr, as he may have some "easy and practical" advice,,,even an anti-diahrroea/anti-spasmodic  medication to take while flying, and watch what you eat for upto a week before take-off.....don't let this chance pass you by, as I live in Australia, and you will enjoy us and our country (just as much as I really want to see your's, and havn't had the chance to yet)....let us know where you go from here....Bron
  • Posted

I, too had problem after 1 yr post gallbladder removal.  GP says it is IBS but I do not think it is as although I have some symptoms  I am not a classical case.  I thibk it is related to gallbladder removal. My concern was like you when I travelled 12 hours and what if I needed the toilet but I need not worry.  Once I have been to the toilet I am usually ok but on some occasions I do get tummy upset and need the toilet after eating usually once a day and not very seldom.  Since I do not have a pattern it was difficult to know what to do.  When I was abroad even with IBS I do get upset tummy, when I feel uncomfortable and a bit panicky I take an immodium to reassure me.  So far it has works for me.  Do you have urgency,I do not have urgency I can wait a little bit.  Does it happen every time you eat?  It is a shame to miss going to Australia because of it.  Pl do let us know how you get on, speak to yur GP and see whether he or she  has some solution for you.  I find optibac very helpful in my case.  I do not take any other medication usually I feel better and less stressful if I have been to the toilet before going out.  Hope this helps.
    • Posted

Thanks to everyone for listening to my moan. I do not have any pattern to bowel movements and can be very instant which so far been lucky to be home when it's occurred. Regarding the trip I felt I could not keep hubby hanging on as he.really would like to see his son and grandchildren before age could be an issue with travelling. With various gut issues it's a constant battle knowing some days how to cope. great on the good times but do not last long. on a brighter note had. some very good news, was informed I can now come off my cancer tabs after mastectomy 5 years ago. So one medical issue ticked off the list. Thanks for the support its greatly appreciated.
    • Posted

Yes, to be able to cease the "horrible post mastecetomy drugss" ccertainly is 1 big step...a friend of mine couldn't wait to tell all when she was given the all clear to do same...she suffered menopause "all over again and twice as bad"...congrats....do you feel that some of your bowel issues maybe related to the removeal of your gallbladder? as the role of the gallbladder is to store bile, which is used by the body to break down fat and to decrease the odour of our faeces....if we/you are having a Continual Gush of bile into your bowel, instead of only releasing it when necessary, do you think it may be the cause/contributing to your loose bowel motions.....exxpecially after eating?  Am not a professional on this matter, but just some  thoughts, so still wonder if your GP can help with this situation....I'd at least try talking re same, as it must be a real issue if you are having to "go from both ends"....Bronwink
  • Posted

It is really a shame you cannot accompany your husband to Australia but the journey is a killer for even healthy travellers.  You know yourself and is the best judge to determine whether you can cope with the journey.  I hate it when people ask me out and do not understand why I am not keen to travel unless they suffer from the same problems, they do not understand your situation.  You have a right to moan and you can moan as much as you want on this forum, we are good listeners!!  Hubby told me I do nothing but moan everyday and a miserable so and so

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.