Sorry ladies

Posted , 5 users are following.

But can I ask if any of you have had rectocele repair only and were not " tightened up "? I am becoming extremely anxious about this. It has bothered me my whole adult life( after kids OFCOURSE) I have anxiety disorders anyway and this is just killing me not knowing 😢

1 like, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Steph I hate to say this but having a repair doesn't necessarily mean you will be "tightened up", I wasn't. It's something that the consultant will often do if it's been discussed. However sometimes the vagina does feel tighter because of the nature of the surgery but that may not last as things settle down. A lot of gynaecologists (not necessarily urogynaecologists) will ask a patient if the vagina feels loose or slack and they'll try and rectify it during surgery. That could be a hysterectomy or oopherectomy for instance. Did you discuss it with your urogynaecologist?

• Posted

Well I think there's a good chance she'll have done a nip and tuck then xx

• Posted

Hi steph as Matron said you can choose not to be tighten up but most women choose to be tighten. I had only one delivery but I was very open down there and I was very happy when my dr said that he would leave me like a virgin. The intercourse is much much better than before and not bothering at all. Don't think that you are going to be too tight, I don't know how dr make but they manage to do it well, not too tight. Don't be afraid. Besides, when they tighten you up, the feeling of prolapse disappears, because the feeling that you had like something is coming out is not there any more. I definitely chose to be tighten and I was very happy after my first op. In my second op of rectocele two days ago he told me that he would make my vagina like brand new again (I didn't ask for it but I'm happy with that). In the check post op he could insert two fingers so it's not too tight (I hope!)

But it's a personal decision, think about it, the message that I want to convey is that although you are scared about the idea of being tighten, my experience has been good. hugs!!!!

• Posted

I had rectocele repair only,thought they would do cystocele at the same time but they didn't,their reason for not doing both was that it could cause things to be too tight down there,well I only had the one done and took nearly 20 months post op to get back to something like a normal sex life,it was so tight it hurt beyond belief to have sex,fortunately now getting back to normal

• Posted

I find that really unusual. I had both repaired together and so do thousands of other women. It's extremely common for both to be repaired at the same time without any problems.

• Posted

Yes my dr said if I needed both when she got in there she would do it at same time
    • Posted

That's the usual procedure steph. Doctors don't like overdoing an anaesthetic plus it obviously costs the NHS more to do the surgery separately and more importantly taking up a much needed bed. I wouldn't have wanted to go through it a 2nd time x

• Posted

I was told they would do both and a hysterectomy if needed but only did the rectocele. Cystocele now much worse but am not going down the operation route unless I absolutely have to
    • Posted

Hi Moonwitch! Did I understand right? 20 months? The pain was caused by too much tight tissues or by the scar itself? Hugs!!!!
    • Posted

Yes 20 months.It was awful. Love my gorgeous hubby so much,second marriage and the sex was a disaster.Think it was both but we persevered and it got better,Sadly now, cystocele getting worse,so sex causing friction again and giving me UTI's.Will it ever end? Just want to be well and normal again.Hope you are doing ok on this journey we travel x

• Posted

I'm very sorry for you Moonwitch, you must have been suffering a lot physically and phsicologically. We are lucky to have this forum now... I'm so grateful to the ladies here... hugs honey!😘😘😘

• Posted

Thank you.I'm lucky. I have a wonderful supportive husband  and a lot of other wonderful ladies xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.