SORRY LADY's , I'M DONE PUSHING MYSELF!

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hello Girls,

Yes, I am done pushing myself into doing things because it's the right thing to do. I have been dealing with this for 14 years and I can't take no more!

I have always put everyone first before myself in my life all my life. And never thought twice about it. That is just me.

And I still put my children first, but as far as going places family functions, weddings, baby showers, husband's Christmas parties etc.

if I don't want to go or feel uncomfortable , I hit a point where if I don't want to go, I do not go!

And I feel all the better for it.

I just tell my husband and my family the truth, tell everyone I'm in a depression. I am not going to hide what is happening to me. It is what it is, It's hard enough I have to deal with it on my own let alone having to worry about what other people think.or hiding what's going on. I tried hiding it for too long. It is very liberating and I am so happy I hit this point. It may sound selfish but I feel so much better. besides I think it's about time I've become a little selfish, as this has never been a trait of mine.

I know all of you might think less of me but I'm sorry after 14 years I'm glad I hitvthis point.I hope none of you have to go through what I have.

My best to you all!

Maggie xo

6 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Maggie no one will think less in fact I think it's a self-loving thing to do. And good role modeling for your kids.

My mom was 41 when I was born.

I wish I had gotten married and had kids. I never thought too much about it until these last 11 months in peri hell. Realize Im missing out on a good aspect of life. 47 now so...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.