sorry to be so postive but Flu is working for me

Posted , 3 users are following.

:D Just read a few posts on here over the last few weeks and just wanted to say to anyone that has just started Flu. Now starting week six and feeling lots better. On top of everything me and my bofriend finished in a major way last weekend and for the first time in years i can handle the pain and depression that used to haunt me. To anyone that has just started taking this hang in there and give it a chance and if its not working go back to the doctor and change it, sorry to be so postive but thats how im feeling and just wanted to share it with anyone that wants to listen. If anyone wants to talk about anything then im a good listener

0 likes, 5 replies

Report / Delete

5 Replies

• Posted

hiya jules :mrgreen:

what can i say, apart from, nice one sister :ok: the meds work eventually but it's a matter of finding the right one/s, you are one lucky bunny to have found the right meds immediately :smooch:

go go go, missy, plz post again :rainbow:

typical lol, apolagiseing for being positive, brilliant :shock: :wink:

take care missy, onwards and upwards :mrgreen:

Ken :whistle: :run: :rose:

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hey Jules

I too, like you, am feeling like my old self again. Am on 40mg of flu and although I feel a bit \"yawny\" sometimes, I feel bubbly and... well just the normal me :D I've only been on flu since mid November and don't know how long I'll be on it for.... just get a bit worried about what I'll be like when I come off it....

I'm seeing a CBT therapist for my \"tongue biting\" and OCD issues - and whether it's the flu or therapy, but my \"tongue biting\" is getting better. I know it's sounds crazy, but I've had the \"tongue biting\" thing for four years now and I'll chew my tongue until it bleeds, then I get a massive tension headache and I'm in so much pain..... My therapist isn't sure if this is something to do with my childhood or because of some diet pills that I took in Jan 2006 (Reductil) and this is when the \"tongue biting\" started. I think now it's become a habit, which is so hard to stop :?

But I know there is light at the end of the tunnel and I wished I gone to see my GP years ago to get myself sorted - best thing I've ever done and would definitely recommend it to anyone who is feeling like they can't go on.

Fauve xx

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I've been on Flu for about 4 months now and have only positive things to say about it. It was a slow start but since going onto it I have managed to move house (on my own) in the snow and am currently in the middle of a divorce. I've no doubt that Flu is propping me up through all of this.

Dont give up on it too early everyone, give it a chance.

Doof

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

My 15 year old daughter is just startimg to take prozit and I'm very nervous about how she will react. Reading your blogs has helped although I'm still worried as I have to work and can't keep a close eye on her during the day. Should there be any behaviour I should look out for?

Thanks

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Has worked well for me too. 20mg a day for almost 18 months. Some minor undesirable side effects, but overall a positive response. Much better than being severely depressed all the time.
    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up