Sorry to repeat questions....but..help with fat content. .

Posted , 9 users are following.

I know this has been asked before but I cant find a straight answer. 

I get the no more than 5g pet 100g BUT if your having say a individual packet of crisps that are 4g of fat per bag but say 12g per 100g can you eat them or not? ?? This is the one thing holding me back from starting the tablets as some people are saying no don't eat anything if its over5g per 100g even if its a small portion and some are saying it's fine because it's not 100g of it rolleyes 

1 like, 60 replies

60 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Hi i did answer on your other post do NOT eat more than the 5g of fat per 100g you will get the side effects and no way would i eat crisps on these tablets i've been on them for a year (just over) and am pretty clued up on them but at the end of the day it's up to you what you eat x
    • Posted

My problem is that im not sure why thete is so many people saying that they weren't told about the 5g rule and I dont understand why you cant habe something that's over 5g per 100g if you are only having a small amount therefore you're still only having e.g 3g wirth in the portion? ? And why is there no mention of it in the leaflet plus my gp said nothing about that rule which is why I'm so confused. 
    • Posted

The gp never tells you anything it's just easier for them to write it out and hand it over. I personally have stuck to the 5g rule which is stated on the leaflet the only 'crisps' i used to have were from sainsburys but they don't make them anymore and they were tapioca ones and were 2g per 100g so well within the limit. At the end of the day trial and error it i have been very sucessful is following the rules and that is what has worked for me as i said before trial and error it over a weekend.
    • Posted

I stuck to it too Britney, did my homework and read about it all online 1st. 

The whole idea is to be low fat to loose weight yeah? So why people wanna eat crisp lol. 

• Posted

@Fatfairy totally agree with you! it's true this tablets are meant to re educate you on your eating habits and by bending the rules you will get the side effects/weightloss.

I can't risk the side effects as i work and i wouldn't want to anyway at the end of the day there are a lot of people who go and get these tablets don't use/abuse them and before i get hateful comments i am not mentioning anyone on this board however there have been other people on other boards who basically can't be ar$ed to do anything about their weight and still continue to eat the wrong things then x months down the line complain about how they can lose weight. There are healthy treats you can have which don't have to be fruit and veg i am never deprived. You have to be in the right frame of mind and weigh up what's more important being healthy and slimmer or a chocolate bar and being overweight i know which one i would rather have.

no more than 15g of fat per meal no more than 45g fat a day

• Posted

I had treats too on them, sat night I'd have marshmallows and things like that. Not saying don't have treats but they can be low in fat. The high in fat I wouldn't risk as I work too and when I had my biscuits when I started boy I'm glad I was at home! It was the following day though and I thought I'd be ok lol..... No💩

It does make you realize though what you ate before. I'm totally different towards food now and also 4 stone lighter! 😃

It's a life change and if you carry on doing the same things you will stay fat!! Simplessmile  

• Posted

No no no.....,

You are aloud 15g of fat per meal but don't let any of the items be over 5-6 g of fat per 100g. If it says 12g per 100g or 27g😳what ever someone else mentioned once these tablets are fully in your system to put it nice you will shit yourself💩💩💩💩💩💩💩

The whole idea is to teach you to eat the right things, eating crisp and chocolate bars is why we were all fat in the first place. I tell you now you can't stop it either my friend had a meal too fatty and the oil was running out of her and wreaked her car seats!! 

Do you want crisp??? Or do you wanna be thin??

Low fat is how you loose eating crisp ain't low fat! 

I was on the tablets and lost the weight, you have gotta be 100% cause if you're not it can get messy💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩

• Posted

I think you are being a bit harsh it's not like thin people don't have a bar of chocolate or a packet of crisps.  

People need to be free to make there own decisions, it is about educating ourselves not being dictated too.  

I have been on this tablet before and experienced the side effects.  If you want to have something higher in fat then you need to make sure you are prepared for the side effects i.e. not going out anywhere.  

My doctor said nothing to me about the 5g per 100g rule and the patient information leaflet doesn't say anything about it either.  

These blogs are about mutual support not about ganging up on someone because they have been given different information.  

• Posted

I'm not ganging up I'm saying when on these tablets you can't eat crisp and chocolate! Well unless you want to shit yourself!! Really I'd rather go without! And the stomach cramps! 

I just warning her as a few newbies are saying its ok (they think) well from experience the side effects are not worth it. 

Yes thin people do eat junk sometimes but they ain't on these tablets! 

The gps need to educate people not dish them out like smarties!

• Posted

💫the booklet inside the tablets say not over 5g per 100g not 15g of fat. 

I was on them for 7 months, never would of risked crisps lol. 

• Posted

Thank you Laura-Jane!  Tbh I do feel a bit jumped on just because im confused and want to be clear that I'm following the correct rules. Tbete is NO mention of the 5g rule in my leaflet either!  

As for the crisps why can't we enjoy a bag as a treat from time to time! ? 

I joined this forum yesterday to ask questions I was unsure of but now im feeling like because im questioning one of the answers that I'm been jumped on.

I'm not saying the 5g thing is wrong as I dont know thats the problem.  I just can't understand it as surely,  as I have said, it doesn't matter as long as it doesn't exceed 15g per meal sad

• Posted

How do the tablets know if you have eaten something thats higher than 5g per 100g if you only eat say 3gs woeth? THATS what is causing me so much confusion. 
    • Posted

They are high in fat in general that's why! If they were that amount weight wise and low in fat it would only probably be 1g for the whole bag!! Just trying to help you! 

I had two biscuits after starting them and my god the side effects are awful, bright orange oil and it stains the loo pan! 

That's the only thing you can't have treats really on these. I've lost 4 stone in total and do slimming world now without the tablets as I like a treat but you just can't on these unless you prepared to chuck away a few pairs of knickers as the oil drips out of you!! Not nice

• Posted

I've seen that one but all that says is sauces..it doesn't say ANY food so whete does anything say that you cant or shouldn't habe ANY food thays over the 5g? 
    • Posted

The leaflet in my box says that, my gp also told me that too. 
    • Posted

"If you are tempted by more savoury snacks try: 

• baked crisps, Skips, Twiglets and Quavers"

From the leaflet.   

• Posted

Im honestly not trying to be awkward its purely that I cant get my head around and feel like im just frustrating you and the other poster because I don't understand.  You have both said a few times how long you used them for and how much weight you've both lost which is great for you but im sure you both had alot of questions at the start.  Well I have questions that I cant find either a straight answer for online or ANYWHERE that states this rule!  

I have a phone appointment with my Gp in the morning so will see what she says to clarify things and apologies for asking the question.  And just to confirm if I have a bag of crisps it won't be because I don't want to loose weight it will be because everyone enjoys  little yeast once in a while that's not a piece of fruit smile

• Posted

Whats the last part of this link please as its cut off ony phone.
    • Posted

Yeah I understand that everyone wants a treat, including me!! These tablets block your body absorbing the fat, so if it's too high in fat eg over 5g per 100g your body will rid it and it bright orange oil that runs out of you. 

These tablets just stop you eating crap because the side effects are so grim. 

Look at the label of per 100g and don't eat it if it's over 6g. Don't matter about what the total = to. If it's 12g of fat per 100g it's too high in fat and you will get side effects. 

Treats don't have to be fruit I had marshmallows and jelly sweets. Fried stuff is just no go really whist you're on these tablets. 

• Posted

Now marshmallows I could handle those as a treat lol. I just don't want anyone to think I dont believe what they're saying as you have been on it long enough to know what affects you and what doesn't.  If im honest I'm on so many drugs for my fibromyalgia and I had some horrid times trying to get them right that I'm just extra anxious at getting these right since the side effects ate so nasty rolleyes 
    • Posted

Look at marshmallows they are fat free yipeeeeeee lol. 

More sweets are fat free or low just full of sugar! 

Yes it will slow the loss down but no side effects. smile happy days

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.