Sounds horrible, but does anybody else get really bad vomiting with glandular fever?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi, I’m on my sixth month and having such a bad relapse. Whenever, my glands flare up I get really bad vomiting for about two days and this constant awful yellow flem on top of my fatigue and fever. Does anybody else get this sickness and flem? I know it sounds horrible, but I just want to check it’s definitely the glandular fever causing the sickness. As I’ve lost a lot of weight since my diagnosis and can’t keep food down when I get a bad flare which is obviously negatively affecting my recovery. 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I've never actually been sick, but when I get there horrible knock backs and feel dreadful I tend to burp a lot, but don't actually throw up or reach.

• Posted

Gosh that sounds awful Jess. I haven’t had the vomiting or any other real symptoms just fatigue anxiety . My appetite is zero though have to force food down . 

I too am at the 6 month mark and boy has it been tough ... I’ve had bad days and then quite a few terrible days . Those days I cannot handle the fatigue I cannot explain like you’ve been up for weeks . Sometimes the fatigue gives me nausea so maybe this is what you’re experiencing . 

I hope it settles down for you and the unpredictability of this disease is the hardest thing to figure out 

• Posted

Hi Jess,

Goodness what a terrible time you've been through by the sounds of it. Sorry I didn't read your post and reply until now Jess, I do hope that things are more stable than they were a couple of weeks ago.

Just want to reassure you that if it is the mono causing the sickness, which certainly seems very possible as no symptom seems to be off limits with this thing, that things will get better with time and that your body does get to a stage when it's got to grips with mono and kicks it out for good. After 6 months I was still quite unwell with it and it was about 10 months before I seen a real turning point and started to move towards full recovery - so just want to reassure you that it is normal for this to go on for as long as this and go on to make full recovery, it's just the way the virus and post-viral phase with it goes - I do hope that things settle and truly believe you will get better. Of course always wise to check in with the docs for blood tests and things regularly and hoping that they can offer some help and reassurance.

Thinking about you Jess and hang in there - if struggling to eat a lot maybe taking some good vitamins and supplements can be a way of getting the right nutrients at this time, especially a good strong multi-vitamin, higher doses of Vitamin C (1000mg-3000mg per day), B complex vitamin per day and immune boosting herbs like siberian ginseng and echinacea.

Hoping things are more settled and remember you ARE going to get through this and get better, even if it takes a little bit more time, it will happen Jess - this coming from someone who was also quite unwell at 6 months and starting to lose hope of full recovery - but got better only thanks to God and I believe He will pull you through!

Craig

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.