Sp over feeling so sick and depressed all the time 🙁

Posted , 5 users are following.

🙁 I had my gall bladder removed 7 months ago and have felt terrible ever since!  Does anyone suffer from heartburn and pain since they've had theirs removed?  I've had endoscopy and it showed a small Hiatus Hernia and chronic gastritis. I eat little to no fatty or spicy foods but it doesn't matter what I eat I end up with burning in my upper stomach and heartburn. Also pain across my upper stomach and under my rib cage on both sides and sometimes in my back. Also feel so bloated...like I've eaten a 5 course meal...in the upper stomach and get stomach palpitations. It's  all so depressing  🙁 They said " get your gall out... you will feel so much better!!!! I'm so over it all...just want to feel well again 🙁

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Same here..4 months.  I am in pain everyday and its getting worse.  
    • Posted

Sorry to hear that 🙁 Do you suffer from heartburn as well? It's so frustrating that we are told it's the best thing to do...have your gall out...you will feel so much better...I wish ! 

• Posted

I have started having a bit of heartburn at night in bed.  Have to prop up.  Thats a new development.   The low back pain is also new. Last night it moved up to my middle back.  I like you am extremely careful with food and it doesn’t seem to make mych difference.  Tramodol, hydrocodone, aleve, advil do not stop the pain...they barely touch it.   Today I took a xanax to see if it would relax my stomach.  Helps a bit but I am sleepy and loopy which isn’t great.  My CT and bloodwork is normal.  Seeing a GI guy Tuesday.  I am sure he will order tests.   On and on......my pain is very sharp pinching and it moves to different areas but primarily in the area of the missing GB.   I keep having days where it seems way better then I relapse and feel awful.  I am extremely discouraged.  Husband says See a therapist.   Geez.  If the pain would stop I woukd be in fine spirits!!!  I also get bloating where my abdomin is hard as a rock. Hurts to press on it and can’t lay on stomach due to pain.  Is your gastritus being treated? Will they remove hernia?   Also I take zantac everyday just in case there is reflux.  Also take probiotics.
  • Posted

Hi Jenn, kinda in the same boat the first 2 weeks after surgery I felt rough could not eat much at all lost 7-8 lbs then I started feeling a little better the 3rd week, but now I'm to my 4th week and 2 days ok I started feeling terrible upper stomach pain no much of a appitete now. I'm being scoped on both ends tomorrow to be honest I hope they find something that can be treated but nothing bad of course . I'm a 43 year old male in good shape this was my first surgery and it's not been to good on recovery so far.

Hope you feel better soon.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.