Spaced out for over two months constantly

Posted , 4 users are following.

I suffer with anxeity but recently like 2 months ago just one day I woke up really confused and spaced out. I feel like its depersonalisation but because it's lasted two months non stop I don't know what this is anymore it's make me feel Sucidal, scared but usually I have anxeity attacks but it's like my brain so fogged I'm uncabable to have an attack which makes me feel more spaced out. I get bad intrusive thoughts and before I'd panic but now I like just get obbessed and try not to think about it. I don't think this is anexity anymore it's lasting to long I'm scared I have a mental illness and I'm gonna forget who I am. I wake up every morning thinking do I feel normal and start over thinking everything's so much my mind is constantly over thinking how I feel how spaced out I am. Life doesn't feel like it exists anymore and I've lost interest in everything! Does anyone else had this where they are unable to panic about these feelings anymore that they feel out of body. And will this ever go away! I'm waiting for therapy but that's been 7 weeks

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Please go until details about how you feel when your out of it.. do you recognize your family in these times? Are you on meds..any other health problems?
  • Posted

Also..another the bad thoughts..what do they consist of.. what are you obsessed with? Sorry for all the questions just trying to get a better understanding of the issues.
    • Posted

I am on no medication and I know who everyone is , it's like I just feel spaced out and unable to concentrate I don't have an interest in anything. I was going to the gym and eating well loosing weight then this just happened. My boyfriend mum has just been diagnosed with dementia and I started thinking I was gonna forget things and so on but that's the only stressful thing.
  • Posted

I think I've experienced something similar like you just feel like an empty shell and you're just "here"? However for me, I was going through a lot at the time and I feel like my mind just shut down to prevent from mental overload. I was anxious and depressed at the time and I was seeing a counselor and eventually, I felt like I was back to reality. Have you gone through anything stressful when it first began or now?
    • Posted

I just feel like if I try to think about anything too much my mind switches off and then I feel anxious it's such a weird thing to explain
  • Posted

It probably is what you think. I had this a long time. It's awful but it does go away in time.

Try to not let it get you down. Very hard but just distract yourself, this is key.

Be patient it will go and remember it's just a symptom of anxiety, nothing more.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.