Speeding heart?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Lately my hearts been speeding a lot. I'll get up and walk to the rest room and come back and it's speeding like I ran a mile. I'll also wake up from a nap or from sleep and it'll start speeding really fast sometimes. I hate it. It freaks me out so much. Idk why it started happening all of a sudden. Maybe because I just had surgery and have had to stay in my room for a week all day long.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi, Myrissa:  I had the same thing for years and it nearly drove me crazy.  You might want to ask your doctor about putting you on a small dosage of a beta blocker.  Mine put me on Metapropalol and it worked just great...Hope this helps...
  • Posted

Hi . I have the exact same as you and the doctors just say it's anxiety after having my bloods , thyroid and ECG . I choose not use medication but to follow mindfulness relaxation techniques x z

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.