Spinal oa

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi I wanted to ask a few questions. I'm 29 female. Last year I had a car accident and saw a chiropractor after for low back pain I was having. I never really felt pain before the accident. Lately I've been noticing pain now in my thoracic and upper back as well. I started googling and came across spinal arthritis. I looked through my chiropractor folder and they wrote my curves are associated with spinal arthritis and ddd on two of my x rays. On two other parts of my back, they said may lead to spinal arthritis. No one ever mentioned this to me at the time. They just said you have degeneration let's start treatment... I've been really freaking out after reading how badly it progresses and people not being able to walk. I'd honestly rather die if it got to that point. Is there a way to keep this from progressing? I'm willing to keep up with physical therapy and chiro adjustments the rest of my life. I just am really scared of not being able to walk correctly and don't want to walk with a cane. It really frightens me. My pain is ok right now. If I do activities it worsens but if I lie down a bit it gets better.

0 likes, 19 replies

Report / Delete

19 Replies

Prev

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up