Spotting

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have been without period now for 5 years so in menopause i jut started to spot very little. Went to dr he did urine test and said there was blood in it although urine looked normal. He than did a look inside vagina with his finger and said little blood. So now he ordered transvaginal ultrasound and ultrasound of bladder and kidney. I am so scared and stop crying. Anyone have this before and what was outcome. No bleeding much spotting and looks like vagina cause when i urinate ok no visable blood but if i dont go just wipe sometimes a small spot of blood. Help please scared of this

1 like, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Hi Chrissy,

Don't be scared. I see a kidney Dr every 6 months because I have a cyst in my left kidney. It's been there for about 3 years now.

I've had blood showing up in my urine for a little over 4 years. My kidney Dr tells me "there are 100 reasons why there could be blood in your urine and 99 of them are no big deal"

I was freaked out too, just like you. You'll feel better after you get checked. Try not to worry😊

• Posted

Hi thanks for the info.  I just went to the bathroom and found more blood and don't know now if its from when the doctor did a glove finger exam he was pressing hard and wondering if it caused more blood as i didn't have any except a little spotting all this time. Now I am gettting very scared and worried.

• Posted

Hi Chrissy

this sound S so much like what I went through a few years ago, I was suffering with terrible health anxiety at the time too, I went to A&E one evening due to lower abdominal pain, the did a urine test and mine like yours showed traces of blood, they asked if I was on a period which I wasn't, but had been having very small spotting, I too got send for the ultra sound and a ct scan on my kidneys, all clear so the next step was the camera up my bladder, once again all clear, the reason for the blood in urine was due to the spotting were they did find a polyp in my uterus, I had it removed and everything was back to normal, so please please don't worry, all these tests are routine with blood in urine. I went to hell and back while having all these do I do know exactly what your going through, if you do after have the camera up your bladder, do not be alarmed by the quick appointment again this is normal procedure. Big Hugs to you 

• Posted

thank you Sue976.  I am so stressed out have to drink 32 ounces of water 2 hours before for the bladder and kidney test than having a transvaginal ultrasound which requires empty bladder.   This week is going to be the worse week i ever had with all this stress and worrying
  • Posted

Exactly. And the camera procedure is not bad either. I'm so glad they are monitoring mine. I had a total hysterectomy almost 2 years ago and my ureter got inflamed and my kidney was shutting down. They went up in there and put a stent in my ureter which stayed there for a month while it healed. I went into the kidney Dr and had the stent removed, no anesthesia, just a little numbing creme on the outside. It was fine. No pain, nothing.

I've had a lot of ultrasounds and might I suggest that you wait and start drinking just an hour before the procedure. I did it 2 hours before my first one and almost peed on the table😉 it works fine drinking 1 hour before.

• Posted

It sounds more like spotting from uterus. It is so common; continue reading all these threads! Many of us have experienced this and many times it turns out to be nothing but changes in hormones causing this. Try not to panic. It just may be nothing at all.
    • Posted

Thanks Debbie

went for a transvaginal ultrasound yesterday and also bladder and kidney ultrasound.  So very scared now they tood so many pics and no i am so scared its cancer.  Just waiting for results they said doctor will get 1 full business day prob tomorrow. Now I fell nausea, still spotting a little . When the transvaginal was done she also put up my butt which was very uncomfortable don't know why she did that. Scaring me than she went and did another ultrasound scan just below the belly a second time made me think she saw something and scared the heck out of me.   Drinking all that water and holding it in when she did the bladder ultrasound was so hard as she pressed and pressed thought i was going to pee.   was so glad that i didn't bleed alot after having the transvaginal ultrasould just spotting because when the doctor did a glove 2 finger test that night i bleed alot more and scared me but it eventually stopped and just spotting.

The waiting is so hard to hear good or bad news but if you bleed when your already in menopause for years that cant be too good. So nervous and scared starting to get stomach aches nausea and just can't sleep. Has anyone gone through the same thing with all the test and spotting and what was outcome?

Sorry everyone just so scared to death

• Posted

does any here know if you have the transvaginal ultrasound and kidney and bladder done if something shows up like cancer will they send it faster to your doctor or not?
    • Posted

The nausea is probably just your nerves. It is very upsetting!

I actually had spotting but there was a tear in the vaginal wall from having sex with no lubricant. When I was at the doc the first time, he removed a clot at the os. The doc thought it might be from my uterus so I had to go through horrible tests (sono hystogram). No pain killer. They took tons of pics.

But after he removed that clot, I did not have any further bleeding. I asked if the blood could have "pooled" up there from the tear and he said prob not. But the tear healed (they prescibed a cream). No more spotting or bleeding. The tests did show polyps, but I have not had them removed. I'm not sure if I will. I'm just wacthing and will have to deal with it if problems arise. I worry but I have also heard nothing good about a hysterectomy or about just having the polyps removed. They can come back too.

I also had a biopsy (again, no pain killer).

All of this is terrifying to me too. Just remember, we are here for you. It's the only place we can talk openly about our probelms.

• Posted

Thank you so very much for your help and i will let you know outcome should hear tomorrow cant sleep so very nervous. My spotting di stop hadnt any all day so just hope it stays that way
  • Posted

Chriss yes they would and definitely with the bladder on you can watch it on the screen while they are doing it, and they told me there and then 
    • Posted

thanks Sue.  I couldn't watch any of the procedure the girl turned the table so I couldn't see anything which made me even more nervous.  I am still waiting to hear something. No call yet that that too makes me very anxious.  You would think that they would call me asap if found something.  

• Posted

Hi Chrissy been spotting dark blood for 5 weeks now and looked back I have every 3 months but not as long normally 2 weeks been on hrt for 20 years recently changed type 2 years ago ,I am 55 went into an early menopause at 37 , I had a scan last year to check thickness womb was ok but going to see gynaecologist week today like you worried but I have read common fingers crossed for us both here if you want a chat 😀But normal to worry as every thing so open theses days 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.