Spotting

Posted , 9 users are following.

As a follow up to my recent discussion on spotting for about 6 months.  I went for an ultrasound tonight, followed by an internal Vaginal scan.  On the ultrasound they found a lump and now I am being referred for an MRI scan.  I was told the lining of my womb (thickening) is normal and it’s definitely not a cyst.

Has this happened to anyone else.  The word ‘lump’ petrifies me, I was shocked to be referred for an MRI

2 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

I have not but I'm followin your story...I too have had prolonged bleeding.

• Posted

Try not to worry . So many things can cause prolonged bleeding or spotting. I am on day 28 of my period . Some says heavy and with clots some days spotting. I have fibroids which are also lumps. They can cause extended bleeding . Or sometimes it's just your system clearing out before to stop getting a period

So many things can cause spotting so try not to stress because that will make the spotting last even longer !

• Posted

Two years ago, I had a CT scan and was told by an unfriendly doctor that there was something in my ovary.  A gyn did ultrasound and vaginal scans during which I could see the screen in front of me.  There definitely appeared to be an ovarian cyst or tumor.

Following surgery to have the ovary removed, the gyn said there was nothing in it.  It was discolored but benign.  The culprit was a floating fibroid shadowing the ovary.

I know how scary it is to hear lump - they kept calling mine a mass pre-surgery.  They were wrong.  Take deep breaths and take good care of yourself.  I am wishing you all the best for a good outcome.

• Posted

The uterus being normal is awesome and a great sign! They could maybe mistake a lump for swelling did you ask them anything about it like size or anything? Was your last pap normal? My sister had that on her report and size varried and come to find out it was backed up clotted blood, she ended up having a hystro (complete) because of the heavy bleeding and pain and such. 
    • Posted

Hi

I’ve had a normal PAP smear just recently.  I don’t get pain, just spotting most days

• Posted

Hi Cilla I think you and I have corresponded before as we have had the same symptoms and checks.

It’s an absolute nightmare of worry I know! Hearing the term “lump” is a truly horrific word when you’ve spent months already worrying about other symptoms. But it seems they are on your case and it’s best to sort it now eh? I agree with the other replies you have in that it’s probably a fibroid and I would think as long as your lining is ok that’s a positive thing.

I had my ultrasound and vaginal scan and they found I have a small cyst which was causing no concern. I will keep an eye on things though!!!My lining was ok too like yours. 

I am thinking ifof you Hun and I’m sure all will be well because everything else they saw was fine. At least having it checked and sorted now should eventually put your mind at rest. Take care Hunni xxx

• Posted

Thanks Louise and yes we have corresponded before.  They said it’s definitely not a cyst x
    • Posted

Hiya I guess it can be many things but it sounds like they are on your case and will get it sorted for you. I’m sorry you are going through this as the mental anguish at this time is truly awful I know. 

Thinking of you and please let us know how u get on. Take care Hun xxxx

• Posted

Pleased do not worry. Lump may symply mean a muscle growth which is a fibroid. I have a fibroid in my uterus.

MRI will be good to give you more details about it. So try to be calm and positive. Let us know how it goes please. Sending you the best vibes.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.