Spotting during Perimenopause

Posted , 8 users are following.

Do any of you ladies spot a little blood after you have a bowel movement? This usually happens right before or after my period and I'm wondering if I'm alone in this

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi, I used to have it. I was told it's because the bowels near the womb and they can kind of influence each other. As in a spicy curry can set off labour etc. and because around the time of your period your womb is more sensitive to the bowels contractions and your more likely to spot.

• Posted

blood from bowel area or are you talking period related?
  • Posted

I always get this after a bowel movement, think it forces out any left over blood or pre period blood, even before the peri stage I've always noticed this x

• Posted

Yes, I have this and I am worried about it...

Before my period I am spotting during my bowel movement then no blood flow, some only brown discharges and then my period is starting normally on the right day. I am still having regular periods on the dot every ( 28-30days)

Do you feel an awful pain before your period starts?

I am in pain, especially my legs and down there and I am extremely aggressive 

• Posted

Dear Kim.

I had this, I also have a prolapsed womb, also exercise used to make me spot too x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.