Square Pessary

Posted , 4 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity. Start a new discussion

Hi Evryone.

I had an Anterior and Posterior repair done 4th August. Surgeon was 80% sure he would have to take Uterus but decided not to on the day as he thought it was well supported however I now have a Uterine Prolapse. The phsyio has suggested a square pessary. I wanted to ask if any of you guys have / have had a square pessary and your experiences? I have had a ring pessary before the op. which was wasy as I just left it in but the Physio said I would have to take the square one in and out every day for washing and I am nervous about having to do this on my own. Any advise / thoughts/ comments welcome x

1 like, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Is that the cube pessary Liz? I had one of those but it caused me lots of problems.First one was inserted by the pessary nurses but had bad discharge about a day after it was put in,carried on for a few days in the hope it would get better but it didn't so I removed it. Rang the  nurse for advice,she said to leave it out for a week,use ovestin cream then try again,did what she told me but within a day of putting it back in was having the same problem again.Rang her again,she made me appointment with urogyn who said everything was fine,uterus where it should be and bladder prolapse minimal except it isn't. One week after seeing him bladder almost fell out,have had bad UTI and feeling very uncomfortable and very disillusioned with everythingg. Hope you have better luck with yours x

• Posted

Sorry to give you such a negative reply,I feel really bad for saying what I did now I'm sure other ladies have had much better experiences than me and I hope you get sorted out very soon xx

• Posted

It's okay. It is a totally sh*t situation for anyone dealing with this kind of thing. You can't be anyhting but honest about your own experience x

• Posted

Hi Liz, I would push for another op for it rather than pessaries if it didn't suit you. I was prescribed oestrogen cream and a pessary inserted, Couldn't get any more cream in after but had bad reaction to pessary and cream. It had slipped down and got stuck behind the pubic bone and was hellish to remove for a ultrasound. It also stopped me emptying bladder and bowel properly so I refused having it reinserted. Mine was a shelf pessary, like a triangular shape but there are several different types. I opted for surgery and go in Feb for it.  Do what you think is best for you.x rolleyes

• Posted

Hi Pollyanna

Thank you for your reply. I would rather have another op than faff about with pessary and creams all the time. I am just concerned about the next stage of prolapse if I have my Uterus removed apparently you can have a full vagnial vault prolapse where it  collapses in on it's self! :-( If only we could ask Santa for a new pelvic area. Lots of luck with your op in Feb. Let me know how you gox

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up