SSRIs

Posted , 5 users are following.

I am approaching my 11th week of paroxetine 30mg, currently feeling really down with racing thoughts, derealization, tired. Have had good days as well, but feel like I have taken a step back. I know these medicines take time to work but is it normal to be up and down?! Also has anyone elses period affected them in the early days when taking this?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Sophie. I had the same experience when I first started talking fluoxetine. It took around 3 months for me to feel any positive benefits. I've been taking 40 mg for just over a year now & can honestly say I've never felt better. Hold on on there better days are just around the corner. Take care x
    • Posted

Hi Katie. I have been on 20mg now for 5 months and I'm still feeling really tired, mornings are dreadful, low mood, anxiety comes and goes. Do you think I need to give it more time or speak to GP to increase my dose. Thanks
    • Posted

I would go & speak to your GP if your mood is still low. My GP increased mine after 4 weeks. Initially I thought it was to soon but my GP obviously knew best as I feel so well now. You can increase the dose to 60 mg daily. Good luck I know how awful it is to feel so low & anxious all the time but with the right help things will get better x
    • Posted

Im on 20mg an just finished wk5. Still low mood. Dont want to do anything or not interested in doing anything. Also having upper rt quadrant pain (gallbladder gone) an pain in middle back. These symptoms started 2 wks after started Fluoxetin. I was on Zoloft for 3 months a yr ago an same symptoms an liver enzymes went up. Has anyone had that?
    • Posted

Thankyou Katie, I'm trying to stay positive. Did your period affect your mood more in the early days? Sorry for such a personal question, its currently my time of the month and I feel incredibly low. Also did you get any intrusive/scary thoughts?! I know I would NEVER act on them but it is so scary sometimes xx
  • Posted

when i started taking fluoxetine I had another period almost straight away after only finishing a week before, and then nothing for about 8 weeks. I remember this from taking it before it does settle eventually. I also had up and down days, eventually it will be more good days smile 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.