SSRIs ? help needed

Posted , 3 users are following.

I'm not on 5weeks and still very anxious iv improved I suppose from the wreck I was but is there still time for it to kick in? Iv heard it takes 4-6weeks and some say 6-12weeks? Its a battle of up and down at the moment but anxious nearly all day sad

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Rachel smile I'm on week ten, and have had a very up and down journey so far!! It has improved some things, and I'm definitely not as bad as I was before starting meds.. But as doctor warned it is no quick fix!! My advice would be to stick with it, and concentrate on the positive effects the medication has! X
    • Posted

I still sit in total fear of nothing (its post natal ) I can now carry on getting ready but it takes ages where as before I'd get back in bed and cry all day. But its so so hard and I feel dizzy and dull. What r u taking ? I'm on sertraline as it did work 5years ago after my sons birth. Thank u for replying xx
    • Posted

I take Sertraline as well, for anxiety more than depression! This is the first time I have been on medication for anxiety, and I really struggled with the side effects! I hope things get better for you really soon smile x
    • Posted

Can u tell me how u were feeling on week 5? I feel jittery inside and bit like my mind is loosing control then a rush of panic. Dr said to increase but I'm worried as iv had a bad reaction to a increase before so I keep hoping for the magic 6th week. At moment I'm up and down by the hours sad glad your feeling better
    • Posted

I was very jittery and had racing thought up until week 6! Then week 6-10 I felt good smile then this week I've slipped back again, so it is up and down! But from my experience those really bad side effects ease off around week 6! I hope you manage to stick with it smile x
    • Posted

Thank you hun I hope so. I won't give up as iv been through too much to not try the full 12weeks but i feel spaced out and dizzy which I bet is still anxiety not the meds but they make me feel shakey and confused. All the best to u x
  • Posted

Rachel, SSRIs usually take several weeks to work. Give it time, eventually what you are on will kick in and help you. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.