Stabilisation of pereneal tendon

Posted , 3 users are following.

Has anyone had this done and what was the outcome, I am due to have it done next month, I'm in so much pain now and can barely walk but am so worried of how I will cope I have fluid in the knee in my good leg after cast

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I'm sorry, but I can't help you out...wish I could...I broke my ankle in 3 places. The only issue I have now is with my Talus, the bone across the top of my foot, and daily pain there. My inner ankle stays the size of a small egg, too. Maybe someone else will be able to help you with your question.

Sincerely,

Kate

• Posted

Had this done on Nov. 9th. It was worth it to me. I had surgery on the right foot and my left foot was swollen because I was putting all my weight on it.

Not much pain.... just a pain in the butt because recovery is long. Things that helped me ....a wedge where I could elevate my foot. A potty chair next to my bed for the first couple of days. A shower chair and knee scooter. I had someone help me in the morning and in the evening. Otherwise, I was alone. My biggest concern was feeling trapped and having to sit still. Ended up, not being an issue. I had my GP write a script for PT before my surgery. I learned some things I could do to strengthen my core and legs. It also was nice to establish a relationship with my PT person. You will do fine. It is what it is.... a looong process. But, doable.

• Posted

Hi cindy thanks for your reply I'm glad it worked for you, are you able to walk now, do you have much pain

• Posted

Hi: I am walking with the cam boot right now ... full weight bearing. On Monday I see my surgeon and will receive okay to walk without boot. I may have a brace because my work environment is very harsh... all inclines and stairs. Anyway, to answer your question, my physical therapist allowed me to take a couple of steps today. My foot is tight but I did not feel pain. I guess I will learn a lot more on Monday.

Two other things that helped me once I got into my cam boot was a "lift" for my other shoe. This makes walking in a boot much easier. I got it on Amazon. I think it is called el-lift or El-a-lift. It is a rubber sole that adds height and attaches to sneaker. Also, compression socks helped me too.

Do you have someone that will help you while you are recovering?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.