Stabilizing

Posted , 4 users are following.

I know everyone is different and it's hard to give a time frame but what is a usual time frame to stabilize each time you taper down on Mirtazapine?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

That's very hard to answer, but most times I feel the withdrawal the most in the second week. After that it seems to go uphill. Third week is still hard sometimes, but the fourth week I'm usually back to my old self. But it all depends on the cut I guess, and your own sensitivity. I chose a slow route and barely had withdrawal symptoms. Some bad days and nights, but always manageble. Got better usually in the fourth week and then I made a cut again. Skipped tapering during the holidays. 😉

• Posted

Good answer Whosthatgirl (good name btw).

I would say some can do 10% every month, this is the safe advice.  Some sensitives including me do 5% every 2 weeks.  Some can go faster but lose their quality sleep usually. 

How long have you been tapering Rob??  And how is it going for you?

Wishing you well.

• Posted

I've been six days on 15 mg down from 22.5 and it has been a struggle physically and emotionally but I'm trying to stay busy and fight through it. I felt like crap the first two days with nauseous, diarrhea, flu like with dizziness but have felt a little better each day I'm just so tired and don't really feel like doing anything but withdrawing into myself. The dull dizziness and headache are holding on still also.

• Posted

Its early days for you (6 days) and I think to be hit with symptoms the first 2 days is unusual.  The fatigue of Mirt at lower doses can be a problem, make up your mind to push against it, push hard if you need to.  

This "feeling like you don't want to do anything, and withdrawing into yourself" seems to hit then men more than the women, could be wrong, but so many quote it as their worst problem.  Sorry to say I don't think it is WD but Mirt at the lower doses.

Keep strong, don't rush it and you'll be fine, 2 weeks yes? before any more drops (or 3-4 weeks if you still feel ill).

• Posted

I've felt the withdraw feelings all along with the Mirtazapine just feels worse the last couple days and I've been pushing hard against the tired feeling. I also started 10 mg of Fluoxetine at the same time so I don't know if that is also another factor in the way I'm feeling. Depression is definitely not for the faint of heart and I couldn't imagine a worse thing to go through, trying to stay strong but it's a battle.

• Posted

Rob have a check with an interaction site like drugs  .   com for those 2 drugs.

Yes any symptoms you feel now it will be hard to know what caused it, the Fluox or the Mirt.  

Worth remembering that some folk have the symptom of depression whilst tapering Mirt and think its their old illness coming back, when in fact it isn't that but the withdrawal itself.   

Yes depression can be so debilitating, keep talking and reaching out.  Have you tried any CBT at all ... some say its as good as any AD smile  

• Posted

I work out everyday as well as eat a healthy diet and take supplements such as fish oil and turmeric that are suppossed to be good for depression. I also meditate and practice mindfulness the best that I can but it's frustrating when I think I'm doing all the right things and still battle this daily and I've never tried CBT before.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.