Started 200mg sertraline

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi all just looking for some advice really. Ive worked my way up to 150mg sertraline and it works fantastic for my anxiety even the physical things that I didn't even know were down to anxiety. But the first time I took sertraline it helped with both anxiety and depression but this time only anxiety , I'm not suicidal but I have what I can only describe to people as a constant state of daydream, not like zoned out daydream but just no interest or motivation, I have to force myself to do things and then I can do what I need to do like work etc it's still there this feeling of daydream and no interest or motivation even when I'm doing things like work etc but once I force myself to do things I can do them. So my doctor has said she is fine with me trying 200mg I'm just hoping this is the magic dose that might give me that push that I need. Anyone else had a similar experience? Thank you

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Paul, I’m on 150 mg sertraline and it has worked for my anxiety and depression but the last few weeks my depression has re occurred but anxiety is good, let me know how you get on with 200 mg 
  • Posted

Paul, I have been on Fluoxetine for almost 8 months. The anxiety is awful although there is nothing I am anxious about. It’s all physical symptoms of anxiety. 

Can you share with me what your physical symptoms were?

• Posted

Hi I could have written that!  I am on 150 mg of sertraline and find I have no motivation to do anything even though I can when I force myself.  I also find I am in a daydream too most of the time.  I don't officially suffer from anxiety (I do a little bit) but from depression.

I am in the UK and was turned down for NHS counselling even though I have suicidal thoughts a lot but the psychiatrist did recommend upping my sertraline to 200 mgs.  I haven't done this but am now wondering if maybe I should?  The trouble is the dose I am on works quite well for me and I am scared of upsetting the apple cart.  

I hope you find an answers.  x

• Posted

Hi hypercat

We note from a recent post which you have made to our forum that you may be experiencing thoughts around self-harm. If we have misinterpreted your comments then we apologise for contacting you directly. But if you are having such thoughts then please note that you are not alone in this, and there are people out there that can help.

If you are having these suicidal thoughts then we strongly recommend you speak to someone who may be able to help. The Samaritans offer a safe space where you can talk openly about what you are going through. They can help you explore your options, understand your problems better, or just be there to listen.

Their contact details are on our patient information leaflet here: https://patient.info/health/dealing-with-suicidal-thoughts, which also offers lots of other advice on how you can access the help you may need.

If you are having such thoughts then please do reach out to the team at the Samaritans (or the other people detailed in our leaflet) who will understand what you're going through and will be able to help.

Kindest regards

Patient

• Posted

Hello, think you will get improvement with your concentration and motivation. Uncontrolled day dreaming and lack of motivation suggest you werent quite at optimum dose. Ive had a couple of increases recently, and both the day dreaming and motivation improved. My anxiety didnt increase with dose increases. If your anxiety with your previous increases stayed similar, looks like you should expect a good improvement.

• Posted

Hi Paul,

I have taken Sertraline (Zoloft) on and off for years. 100mg was usually effective for me. Sometimes I felt like you and my doctor would add Abilify. The combination would help get me closer to myself than other meds. Just 2 problems: the Abilify caused a lot of weight gain that I haven't been able to lose over the last 4+ years. The Sertraline caused loss of interest and sensation in sexual activity (which was ok when I was single but is problematic in a relationship).

I am now taking Trintellix. Its still early so I don't know if it will work for me. Still struggling and slowly feeling less weepy. I'm practicing my coping skills in the meantime. Hang in there Paul. Thats what I'm doing.

• Posted

Hi thankyou for the replies everyone my physical symptoms were all sorts of things from peeing way to often day and night, a constant sort of spacey feeling that is hard to explain also headaches right at the top of my head that felt like someone had parked a lorry on top of my head and a feeling of pressure all over my head all these things that I've been going to the doctors with for a few years insisting that I wasn't suffering from depression or anxiety and sure that I had something wrong with me. It took my partner to say look Paul i think you do suffer from Anxiety and depression so I went to the doctors got prescribed sertraline and sure enough slowly buy surely these physical things got less and less.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.