Started my own panic attack and now it wont stop??

Posted , 5 users are following.

I did the stupid thing of wondering why I was feeling okay today.. I ate whatever I wanted for the past two days (not alot, but I had a slice of pizza yesterday and 1.5 chicken enchiladas the day before).. Well today I've had a chicken enchilada, 2 slices of pizza and 2 chicken wings. I felt totally fine, a chest pain earlier that went away.

Anyways I was decorating and sat down. I was leaning to my left, and had one of those chest things that feel like it's bubbling. That scared me so I took a deep breath in. Then I had a heart palp. This spiraled me into a panic attack where now I feel like I can't catch my breath, because of the fact that I was so fixated on the heart palp that I was making myself hyperventilate..

How can i stop this short of breath feeling? The normal belly breathing isn't working. I just feel like I'm out of breath and yet I can't stop breathing shallow and fast. Does anyone else get those bubbly feelings near your heart? It drives me insane.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I get that all the time. The blue menthol cough drops actually help because the menthol distracts you and it also makes you believe you can breathe easier because it gives a cooling feeling
    • Posted

It sounds crazy I know! But, the way to get you to stop feeing that way is to distract your senses and menthol does that
  • Posted

I get that all the time it's the worst ! And with the breathing I have it on a daily where I feel like I'm

Not breathing like I can't feel my breath going down it's sounds crazy an darypid I know ... but yeah when that happens with the bubbling feeling it makes me focus on my breath and it feels like I'm not breathing even though I know I am and have been to the emergency department and they have told me my oxygen levels are fine I dunno it's the worst feeling ever !

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.