Started Paxil a week ago.. experiencing negative/slightly suicidal thoughts?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Experiencing negative thoughts, paranoid thoughts, and extreme anxiousness where I am focusing on dumb things. Do I stop taking it?? I don't have a follow uo doct apt for another 5 weeks 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I previously took Lexapro for 6 weeks and didn't have any of these negative thoughts but also did see any improvement in my anxiety and depression feelings. I kept going up and down. 
  • Posted

Tablets take time to kick in you will feel difference after 2 weeks and big changes after 3 to 4 weeks keep it up and stay strong.
  • Posted

I was on Paxil for a long time. I regret the day I ever started taking it. I'm trying to come off of it now and it's awful. It has such a short half life that a lot of the doctors where I live won't even prescribe it anymore because it's such a hard drug to get off of. Unless you can go on and off antidepressants easily, which some people can, then give it a try.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.