Started taking citalopram

Posted , 4 users are following.

Started taking citalopram 10mg 3 days ago, so far I'm feeling very tired and really not with itsad which makes me panic. Constant headaches however since suffering from anxiety and depression I always had headaches. Does anyone know if these side effects wil stay the whole way through the course of the medication?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi there I was asking the same question on her a few days ago. I have severe panic attacks when I woke up at1 or 2 in the morning, and not get back to sleep because of it. I felt nauseaated, groggy, so lethargic, no appetite, and just wondering what i had done. Now day 9 I think. Much better, sleeping better, not as groggy, a bit more clear headed, etc. For some people it takes longer, some people take 2  steps forward, 1 step back, and so on. Give it time, but what I dont believe is good to feel this way weeks in regardless of what people say. So, give it the month or so, a bit longer if you can. Talk to your doctor if it carries on to adjust dosage maybe. Good luck. 
  • Posted

You will need to give this medication about five weeks too work

Side effects may be a problem, be patient

• Posted

Niamh,

I've been on 10mg of citalopram for 4 weeks, and the side effects do subside some. I still feel anxiety and panic attacks feel like they are coming, but it never happens. I still feel weak and too tired to do anything. I'm hoping the next 2 weeks will be better. I did get headaches, dry mouth and nausea the first 2 weeks. On my 3rd day of citalopram, I had the worst panic attack I ever had. Just hang in there, better days are ahead.

• Posted

Thank you so much for the advice guys! Gunna stick with it and see if it gets better smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.