Started today

Posted , 3 users are following.

HI, I have started taking these tablets today, can anyone tell me about their experience on these, I have heard various stories, some good, some bad, what are the essential foods that I need to avoid in any quantity? Does anyone have a diet plan that I can follow? Help!!!

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi I have been on them 3 weeks now, 11 lb weight loss. Generally keep to between 25 -30 g of fat per day spread over 3 meals.

I usally have high fibre ceral and milk for breakfast, ie. shredded wheat

Lunch is either weight watchers soup with a slice of bread

or a sandwich with ham, laughing cow extra light cheese spread instead of marg

Dinner I am keeping to weight watchers meals I sometimes add more veg as at the moment I haven't worked out my recipes for fat content

or I will do chicken breast with baked potato and salad

or smoked haddock with new potatoes and veg

I have supper which is the same as breakfast because I am diabetic and need to keep my sugar levels up for overnight.

At each meal I make the fat content up by eating a few nuts.

As yet, touch wood, no dreaded side effects. I have read these usually happen if you eat more than 15g of fat per meal.

Good luck and keep with it.

• Posted

Well done you, that is a good weight loss! I have had wholemeal toast with a scapping of clover for breakfast, and have a salad for lunch with tuna and a bread roll. Its the hidden fat content that worries me - didnt have any ill effects yesterday so hoping to be good and keep them at bay! I lost 4 1/2 stone on slimming world last year and put all my weight back on plus more so am trying to stick to that way of eating and take the tablets in the hope that I can get back my weight loss - feeling miserable with myself at the moment!! Sorry for the rambling!!! smile
  • Posted

That's fine we all have to have a moan sometimes, makes us feel better. Slimming world is a good base to start. Just been out a bought some Nutri Scales so that I can see what fat etc is in the food I cook. Nurse told me yesterday that we need fat, about 25g or so per day for health reasons. Anyway good luck, at least the tablets stops you from eating too much fat in case of the dreaded results. Touch wood non to date.

Mandy

• Posted

Nixie - weight on - weight off - you'd probably find this is most people's life story.....we all get days when we are down so you are not alone, not at all....think of the positive decision you have made to get that weight off again...a big step to take and you've made it. You know that it won't be long until you begin to feel a great feeling of wellbeing when you get a few lbs off....so dwell on your good decision and keep looking forward to the person you are going to be.....if you can get out in the fresh air today....a walk, however short, is good for your body and your mind.

Take it one day at a time.....one meal at a time....good choices all the way. It will pay off. Best wishes for the days ahead.

• Posted

Nixie,

that is quite correct. We have all yo-yo'd may times. I also sent to slimming world and lost 8 stone!!! Then put it all back on plus it's friends!

So now I am on the orlistat plus basically following the slimming world green plan. Makes me feel healthier if nothing else!

Yes, there can be nasty side effects but you will soon learn what they are (in my case, indian food). You do need to have some fats in your diet to keep yr metabolism ticking over but keep it below 15g per meal and you should be fine.

Lelly xx

• Posted

Thanks guys - how do you know how much fat you are eating? When you eat something that someone else has cooked how do you know how many grams of fat are in it? I am sure I will get the hang of it! :D . Glad to see there are so many of us in the same boat - am gonna try and revert to my slimming world diet (without going to the weigh-in) as this has helped in the past - I have to go to my docs for my next weigh in in 2 weeks and hope to see some results. xx
  • Posted

Nixie - I don't eat out except on a rare occasion....also I don't buy frozen meals but if you do that fat content will be written on the packaage...if you don't have a calorie counter get yourself a Collins calorie counter - it will also give you the fat content - it has branded foods in it as well....I couldn't live without it! It costs £5.00 or so. And scales...you need kitchen scales as we cannot judge correctly all the time the weight of foods. Keep going!
  • Posted

Thanks for that, will get hold of a Collins Calorie counter - I have some small scales from Slimming World. Do you need to eat a certain amount of fat per day to make the tablets work?

Keep smiling.... :D

• Posted

Just bought some Nutri scales today, wish I hadn't now because the bowl of cereal my husband usually gives me was twice what I thought it was. Looks as though I am going to have to cut back somewhere.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.