Started today

Posted , 2 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity. Start a new discussion

started on the little blue tablets today and have a couple of questions.

Firstly my GP told me to take the tablets 1/2 hr before meals but in the leaflet it's says with meal or upto an hour afterwards - advise please.

Also how long after taking the tablet do you pass the non absorb fat, either it was very quick, within an hour of eating or it was the Chinese I had last night :lol: :oops: and it takes a couple of days

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

ok well as u probably know orlistat eliminates 1/3 of the fat u eat, if you eat say 12g fat in a meal it will eliminate 4g which is not a lot so will just exit as you poo, if you were to eat a 30g meal it would eliminate 10g which would exit more urgently which could mean following thru when trumping, urgent need to poo, oil leaking etc.

basically if you stick to the max of 15g fat per meal you shouldnt notice any problems other than perhaps having an increased bout of wind, its only if you exceed the 15g limit that you may incur these more embarassing issues.

good luck, as RR says remember its just for now, not forever smile

• Posted

thanks for that it was most helpful

can anyone tell when is the best time to take the tablets, 1/2 hr before food as GP said or with the meal as stated in the leaflet

• Posted

i dont think theres an advantage either way, i tend to have mine either just before or just after my meal, its nice to have up to an hour after ley-way incase i forget to take it straight away

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up