Started vagifem a little worried

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi everyone started vagifem yesterday but still in two minds. I've started it a few times and always stopped after hearing about it but this time i really want to give it a go has my dryness is getting worst.

I have fibrocystic breast and worry about that. Doctor says it's fine . It's not that strong to course problems. I ask has anyone used it and was it helpful. The doctor gave it to me to restore the area to a more natural balance. Also to help me with intercouse has at the moment is not happening for the pain. Also I have ( what she said a band of dry pulling skin that is causing the pain on entry has it splits ( sorry to much information).

Sorry can anyone help ????

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

Hi Hun I use Estriol cream as I get so sore and itchy and feels like I'm peeing glass if I scratch it but find it incredibly helpful. I was given the pessaries your talking vegifem but didn't use them just the cream xx
    • Posted

Thank you cazjaz16 for reply. Any reason why you didn't use the pessaries ? I was given them.  Do you think the cream is better? I'm still so worry about using them and whether I'll be on them for ever. Xx
    • Posted

Like you I didn't dare tbh and the cream always works for me I'm not allowed to use it more than 3 X a week but I don't need to tbh I'm not sexually active so I don't have that to worry about. I'm post menopause buy 3.5 years but just had a period and I definitely ovulated as well so I'm seeing a consultant on Friday and my menopause symptoms have been awful since then hopefully I haven't got to start from the beginning again as don't think I could cope with all that again 😭😭😭😭
    • Posted

I hope you don't. I'm not sure how long into menapairse I am because I had s hysterectomy 3 1/2 years ago but still have overdoes. But I'm not coping very well now don't think I'll do well for more years 😞 . Hope everything go well with you at the doctors. Xx
  • Posted

Hi, I used it a few years back and it worked a treat.  Have just started using it again, the dose is even lower now so I am assuming it might take a bit longer to work but having researched it all thoroughly I am as confident as I can be it will do no harm as only 1% gets into the blood stream which is flip all.
    • Posted

Thank you Helen it's great to have feed back. I just so over it. Meet a lady the other day who said that it does get better. I pray it does xx
  • Posted

Hi Rosedee     I've been using Vagifem pessaries for about 7 years now and find they help tremendously.  The dose has been lowered so I think they are quite safe. Follow the instructions and they should do the job. Reading from the current leaflet it says use one a day for the first 2 weeks then one twice a week. Leave 3 or 4 days between the twice weekly doses. I use mine before going to bed.  Also read the leaflet which you should receive with your packet.      
  • Posted

Well I've been on it for 4 days now. I had 3 left from last time I used the vagifem passeries ( it s current not expired) which I notice tonight after buying a new packet that they were a higher dose ( 25mgc instead of 10mgc) i hope That they didn't do harm. I  Read the leaflet and scared myself with all the side effects. Spoke to my Chinese doctor he said that,  the new dose it very good. Now to wait to see when it will work. 

• Posted

Give it at least 2 weeks Rosedee.....its worth it.
    • Posted

Thank you marina Dee put a very scare of the side effects. R u on it? I have fibrocystic breast and my gynae and doctor are not concerned.
  • Posted

Well ladies it's been a week and feel better but my anxiety is sky high. Reading comments from other people who are using Vegifem ( some great and other that they got cancer) is making me more stress. I going to my Chinese medicine doctor on Tuesday and see if a more natural way. I cannot live to the feeling that it could cause cancer at the back of my mind.
  • Posted

I really don't think you need to worry, could be famous last words of course but a lot of us are going to get cancer, stands to reason some of us will have used vagifem at some time, but that's not cause and effect.
    • Posted

Excellent comment Helen. Most of us die of something we havent even considered or tried to avoid.  
  • Posted

rosedee, the leaflet that came with my vagifem is detailing the risks relating to systemic HRT, which is riskier than local HRT yet said the following regarding breast cancer, 'for women...using oestrogen only HRT for 5 years little or no increase in breast cancer risk is shown.,

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.