Started Xenical today #day 1

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi guys, been following this forum for a few days and great info on here to us newbies trying this medication. 

I was really apprehensive and all most quitting before I even started having read some of the reviews. This forum helped me decide to take that leap forward as I simply can't stand being so fat. This hot weather just crushes me  even more as I struggle to find clothes that fit and make me feel comfortable. 

So, day 1 has commenced. Wish me well and will keep blogging for support. I have 5 stone I want to lose. 

Thanks 

0 likes, 25 replies

25 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Good luck! 

I'm on day 6 and feel so much better and had no side effects!

You will do it! 

• Posted

Thanks Emma, 

So glad I found this forum. Just eaten lunch and can hear my tummy gurgling and half expecting to run to the toilet. I arranged to work from home this week incase I have an accident 💩💩💩💩 

• Posted

Paranoia makes the noises and feelings so much worse but do as needed (in reference to fat intake) and you wont be suffering or needing to hide indoors. The first couple of days may be getting rid of fat previously consumed but onwards and upwards! biggrin
    • Posted

Think your right, my mind made my tummy  gurgle lol 

Rather be in the comfort of my home for first few days.  Was very careful what I ate yesterday but day before was chocolate. 

How long have you been on them and what have you lost so far, if you don't mind me asking? 

• Posted

Well i may be talking like a pro but its only my second day but with my scroll length of dieting history i pretty much think i have it covered.

Took me 5 weeks to pluck up the courage to actually swallow a tablet but hey down the hatch it went (like everthing else hence me being in this position) and the new me has begun. 

Ive got 5-6 stone to lose to be where i want to be but to be honest i dont have a clue what that weight loss will feel like as i have never been slim. Just want to be healthier, fit in high street shop clothes, get into normal sized chairs and not have to plan my route out of any room with the largest spaces!!

I'm 28 and want to try for a baby but have to be realistic and give the littlen a chance of a healthy life so i need to be the good example!

People are amazing on here so just post what you are feeling and people soon pick you up! 

• Posted

I understand how you feel. It's awful carrying this extra weight. I've stopped going out as much as it's too much drama finding something I feel and look good in. More than often I end up crying and then cancel my plans. 

I can't even wear skirts any more as my legs just rub at the top and become really sore, I knew then things had to change. 

Well missy, I look forward to this journey with you and to welcoming the new slim, happy us. 👍👏😉😉😃

• Posted

I shall toast to that with the pint of water i am currently holding! 

Remember you dont need to suffer alone anymore, we are all in the same boat on here and have experienced the pain, dread, disappointment and fear of being overweight! xx

• Posted

Lol will cheers you to that hun. I read you meds to increase water intake due to bloating. Not sure if I can bloat out any more 🙊🙊🙊

Thanks for the kind words and support. It's really motivating. Haven't told my friends or family yet as I tend to quit most things, so thought I would hold back for now. 

• Posted

You are doing this for you so concentrate on that for the time being and once you get into a routine of things and people notice you dropping the weight then tell them....this needs to be on your terms this time and it is you who needs to take full control.

Yep keep the water flowing as i do feel like a solid ball today but i know from the info on here that it passes after the first week.

Good luck xx

• Posted

Very wise words - thank you. 

Oh dear, sounds like more bloating on top of bloating lol all for a good result in the end. 

Right, off for glass of water, let's keep it flowing. 👍👍👍 xx 

• Posted

Well done for taking the leap to a slimmer you, you'll do it, it won't always be easy but stick with it if you can. No one else can do this for you! Good luck
    • Posted

Thanks Adam, been reading your postings. You have done amazingly well - very inspiring to read your postings x 
  • Posted

Hi hunnie I feel exactly the same av Bein on oralistat since 28th may av not weighed myself since wait until end of month to c if I hav lost any weight . Av Bein so down since having my baby 14wks ago about losing my baby weight just eating healthy nothin tht contains to much fat . If u eat something with a lot of day u wil b visiting the toilet a lot . I wish u sl the best hunnie hope u achieve ur weight loss. Plus if u need any help a lovely lady called britney is amazing she lost a lot of weight and is always here to Ansa any ? U need answering . Once again gud luck xxx Safa 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.