Starting a new page for all my friends!

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi Everyone!

How are you all! I have so many aches and pains today just can't get comfortable. Went to see my dad this afternoon with Stewart. He does so well for being 86.

Di I hope John is getting on ok and your throat is feeling a lot better now.

Lindy how are you getting on with your new car. Have you been out in it much!

Ses I hope you are not suffering with so much pain. :cry: Linda how are your alterations going. Hope you get everything you need.

Well take care everyone and have a good weekend.

A quiet one for me lol!

Love Tess x x

0 likes, 110 replies

110 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Everyone,

TESS, sorry to hear u were having an achey day yesterday. I hope today is much better for u. I don`t have my dad anymore, but I have a wee neighbour who is 88 and he`s fantastic. He was out mowing the lawn yesterday.. smile Im the driver TESS. Ian`s just about to start taking lessons, so yep...been driving around ...getting the feel for the car. Its smashing.

SES, how are u feeling today. I hope the pain has eased...even a bit. That sick feeling u get is just bloody awful.

DI, I hope ur feeling better, and I would agree with the others, make ur man go to the docs. How is he feeling now? Im in Cumbernauld Di...not so far away from u. 45-50 mins...depending on the traffic.

LINDA, I hope this wee message finds u and Ray well. Any news on ur alterations?

A rainy morning here. The last couple of days we had beautiful sunshine. Going to visit family today....do my rounds.. :lol:

Take Care All

Lindy..x

• Posted

Hi everyone,

Sorry you are both in so much pain Ses and Tess, roll on the warm weather I`m sure it will do us all more good than all the meds put together :!: Saw my Mum in Peterborough on weds Tess, its marvelous how they manage I agree, she`s getting very forgetful but apart from that manages ok.

Di hope things are ok with you, that your throat is better and John agrees to see a doctor. It could be something and nothing, even one of his meds, but you both need your minds putting at rest as worrying with do neither of you any good.

Thanks for all your good wishes regarding our adaptations, I keep dreaming of taking a shower whenever I want and not when I think i`m not too stiff to get into the bath, and wondering if that will be all I manage that day if the effort tires me out too much :!: We have to wait for the council surveyor and then I guess go on a list for it to be installed so not expecting it any time soon sad But its a good step in the right direction :!: Just need the sensory team to get their finger out and organise the stair lift for Ray and ramps to help him get in and out of the house more easily. They have a reputation for being particularly slow :!:

Well must go just got a call from my young neighbour took him to A&E earlier after he injured himself at rugby. He has a broken ankle so will go and pick him up again. That`s my good dead for today :!: His partner is very good to me despite the fact she is young enough to be my daughter, she looks in on ray for me if I want to go out for a couple of hours. In fact she is kinder than friends I have worked with for over twenty years, as most of them don`t want to know if you can`t do all the normal things they can :!:

Take care everyone,

Love Linda

• Posted

hi everyone

not on for long really tired have slept most of day and still feeling really tired..

lindy my old aunty lived in cumbernauld so i know where u are... not far at all

hope everyone is well and no in to much pain.....

sorry really need to go.. speak soon di xx

• Posted

Hi Everyone!

Well hope you are all not in too much pain today :lol: Feel a bit better with aches and pains today. Just wish I could sleep longer than 3am. Keep waking up with aches and pains in legs and then can't get back to sleep. :cry:

Linda really good your alterations are going ok. I bet you can't wait so you can have a shower. Will be so much easier for you. Also for Ray with the stair lift and ramps. :lol:Its amazing how your mum and my dad cope at their age. Hope I can do what they do when I am their age :lol:

Di sorry to are feeling so tired and hope you feel a bit more livelier today. :lol:

Ses and Lindy hope you both are having a decent day without too many pains.

Take care everyone

Love Tess x x

• Posted

what a life eh!!!

dragged myself out of bed at 10.30 lay on couch as i was sore... then around 1pm done a little housework.. then lay on couch again.. helped john prepare dinner then i lay on couch again as i am typing this i could fall asleep.... i feel i am getting a bit depressed over the last few weeks and think that is why ifeel like that.. hope u all doing well xx dix

• Posted

Hi Di & Everyone!

Its not surprising you are feeling down with all that has been going on for you over the last few months. :cry: Try to keep your chin up and go with it Di! We are all here for you!

Didn't have a very good night sleep last night. Was just getting into a nice sleep when the phone went. It was nearly midnight and it was my dad ringing to say his vein had popped in his leg again. The paramedics were taking him off to the hospital and he would ring if he needed a lift home.

Didn't get back to sleep properly after that as was waiting for a phone call to say we had to go to hospital. :cry: Luckily they kept him in for observation overnight so didn't have to go out in the middle of the night.

He is at home now resting his foot. At least last night the dr he saw said he shouldn't have to keep going through this. He is writing to my dad's dr and said there is something that can be done. I do hope so for my dad as it is no joke when it pops and blood spurting everywhere. Stewart is really good and he uses dads carpet cleaner and cleans up for him when we go over.

Just hope we get a decent sleep tonight as feel wacked now. :cry: Hope everyone else is doing ok.

Love Tess x x

• Posted

Hi Everyone,

Di, sorry to hear ur feeling down. Pain makes it worse for sure. Can drag u down something awful.

Tess, I hope uve managed to get a decent sleep. I think not sleeping knocks the stuffing right out of u. I can`t cope too well without sleep. Ive been sleeping much better of late (hope Im not jinxing myself..lol). Plus, dare I say, not too much of the aches and pains. Thank christ!

Ses, how`s things with u? I hope ur ok.

Linda, hope u and Ray are well. How`s ur neighbour doing? Hope his ankle isn`t giving him too much jip.

We`ve had quite a busy weekend. Done the rounds on Saturday visiting family (thats our turn done...lol). Took Fergus to the groomers yesterday, and got some bits and bobs from Homebase. I bought one of those reed diffuser airfreshners.....its total sh*te! Meant to smell like sweetpeas (which I love)...smells like pee more like.. :lol: Cost me a ruddy tenner as well!

Take Care All

Catch up soon

Lindy..xx

• Posted

Hi Tess,

Just read ur message...how the hell did I miss about ur dad!! I think we sent the messages at the same time so didnt realise u had posted. I hope he`s ok, it can be such a worry. Hopefully something will be done about his vein.

Hope u managed some sleep last night.

Take Care

Lindy..x

• Posted

Hi Lindy & Everyone!

Yes had a better sleep last night but still woke up early at 4am. Got up at six and legs really restless and achy. :cry: Yeah dad is doing ok but hope it is not too long before they sort something out for him. :lol: He is not the sort of person who will sit still for long even though he is 86.

So annoying when you buy something and spend a lot of money and it doesn't smell like it says it should. :cry: Hope you are enjoying driving your new car.

Ses hope your pain is easing somewhat for you. :lol: Linda hope your alterations are going ok. Di has john been to the doctors yet and how are you feeling now.

Love Tess x x

• Posted

Hi Tess and everyone,

Tess so sorry about your dad, just after we were saying how well he and my mum were coping! Hope GP sorts something out soon. I know what you mean about sleep too Tess, I`m either lying awake until gone midnight or up at 4am :!: Very often its the fatigue that causes me trouble and stops me from doing things, even unloading the dishwasher can leave me breathless and exhausted :!:

As to our alterations, Occupational therapist coming back on Thur to do Ray`s assessment. She rang yesterday and said she was worried that he wasn`t coping and should have his own assessment. The sensory impaired team hadn`t even sent a referal through :x If she hadn`t been concerned we would still be waiting :!: I won`t get on my soapbox but how many people must there be out there who have slipped through the net and are living in unsuitable or even dangerous conditions :?:

Di how are you and John coping, has he seen a GP yet :?:

Ses hope your pain is easing and you get those longed for important answers as to what is really going.

Love Linda

• Posted

Hi Linda

Good news for Ray to have his own assessment and get the help he needs to cope on a daily basis. :lol: Your right probably lots of other people have slipped through the net and just dosen't seem right.

Dad is doing ok. Had district nurse out today to check on it and dress it.

Coming again next Tuesday. Any problems can right nurse at his doctors surgery or out of hours nurse. Although if it is a major bleed then has to ring 999. Think we spoke to soon lol. :roll:

Love Tess x x

• Posted

hello my good friends

just been catching up with all ur news

sorry to hear about ur dad tess, it must be a worry for u especially getting a call at that time.

linda.. there is alot of people slip through the net, think im one of them still awaiting pain management app since sept lol

lindy if ur like me and like ur home to smell nice i have hundreds(not joking) smelly candles plug inns and nothing is better than my yankee candle i bought when i was away.. always loved them so treated myself.. it did cost £15 but they last for ever.. mine is cinamon smell but u can get lots of nice smells.. u can get them from garden centres to they usually have a range there...

john still wont see doc.. said bleeding has stopped x.. he got heart app on thurs so will keep u posted on that..

sitting here waiting on my niece coming with her wee lovely girl sophie-helen she is 10 months so that will cheer me up.. im still very tired if i lay down i will surely fall asleep lol

ses.......... where are u... u seem really down.. come on and talk to us we are here for u.. x

well everyone i shall pop off and tidy up.. di x

• Posted

Hi Di & Everyone!

Bet you enjoyed seeing your niece Di. The little ones always cheer you up! :lol: Hope John gets on ok with his heart appt on Thursday.

Thanks my dad is doing ok now but like you say it is a worry when the phone goes late at night. You never know what to expect!

Yes Ses hope you are ok haven't heard from you in a while. Like Di said come and chat if you are not in too much pain and can. Not the same without on here talking to us all. :lol:

Take care everyone.

Going to have a cuppa now.

Love Tess x x

• Posted

hi all my good friends

this fatigue is killing me.. went to bed at 8.30pm asleep by 9pm woke at 10am and im sitting here and feel as if i havent sleep for days.s my girl kerri wants me to run her to a shop to get some fabric die but i really dont have the energy its days like this that i feel bad for my kids she isnt asking alot but i fee lthat its so much energy to go there(about 20mins drive there).

hope ur all keepig well im sorry i have to go even writing this has got me so tired...

speak soon xx

• Posted

Hi Di & Everyone!

Sorry to hear your feeling really tired bless you. :cry: It is hard on the children when you can't do things for them. I am sure they will understand. :lol: I hope you enjoyed your time with your niece. I saw Sophie & Molly today. Poor little sophie has got chicken pox she is only six and half months old. :cry: Not been to grisly with it though still lots of smiles. :lol: Molly had me playing hide and seek with her in the garden.

Luckily got quite a big garden so lots of places to hide.

I have still had aches and pains all over. :cry: But feel better than I did at the start of the week :lol:

Linda, Lindy & Ses hope you are all doing ok. Linda hope rays assessment goes ok for tomorrow.

Love Tess x x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.