Starting a new page for all my friends!

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi Everyone!

How are you all! I have so many aches and pains today just can't get comfortable. Went to see my dad this afternoon with Stewart. He does so well for being 86.

Di I hope John is getting on ok and your throat is feeling a lot better now.

Lindy how are you getting on with your new car. Have you been out in it much!

Ses I hope you are not suffering with so much pain. :cry: Linda how are your alterations going. Hope you get everything you need.

Well take care everyone and have a good weekend.

A quiet one for me lol!

Love Tess x x

0 likes, 110 replies

110 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Hi Gals,

Tess, glad to hear ur feeling a bit better. Poor wee Sophie! I remember having the chicken pox...its was awful. Itchy as hell, despite being covered in calamine lotion.

Sorry to hear ur feeling rank Di. I haven`t had that fatique for a while now - thank christ! It used to come over me like a wave....and I could have slept with my head in the dinner plate.

Had a couple of restless nights myself. Waking up for the loo frequently, but, thankfully, falling back over no problem. I REALLY must do something about this snoring tho...its getting horrendous. I woke myself up with the noise. Its a wonder Ian hasn`t put the pillow over my head.. :lol:

Got my physio appt 2mor at 1.30...so I`ll let u know how I get on with that.

SES & LINDA, hope this finds u both well.

Take Care

Lindy..x

• Posted

Hi Tess and everyone,

Poor little Sophie, I remember when Chris had chickenpox he was covered all over, and I mean all over :!: lol Glad you`re feeling a bit better now. Thanks for your good wishes for this afternoon, I`m quite glad she`s coming today as Rays has been in dreadful pain with the arthritis all week, I`ve been struggling to get him up off the settee and across the hall to the toilet. So she really will see how things are at their worst :!: It makes my arms so stiff and sore helping him to stand.

Di I sympathise with the fatigue, I get up some mornings and almost fall asleep over my breakfast :!: It can just wash over you anytime, anyplace, sometimes to the point of feeling sick.

Lindy hope the app goes well today and Ses hope you are ok too

Will let you know how we get on, take care all

Love Linda

• Posted

Hi Lindy, Linda & Everyone!

Hope you are doing ok Ses as we haven't heard from you in a while. :lol:

Yes Lindy Sophie not too bad with itching just yet! But keeps biting her fingers as think she has a tooth coming. Only problem is she has a chicken pox spot on that finger and Amy worried it will get infected. Tried covering it up but just bites the bandage so not much use. :cry:

Hope all goes well with your physio tomorrow afternoon. Have finished mine now only went for about five sessions. Still try and do the exercises most days. Find it I do them before my shower in the morning can normally fit it in. If don't do it then seem to get busy and can't get motivated to do them. Plus after exercising the shower helps loosen me up. :lol: My first session lasted an hour and had to wear something so he could see my shoulders and knees. So I wore a strappy top and shorts. The next sessions only lasted half an hour.

Linda I know how Ray feels with the arthritis! :cry: Sure that has been more my problem lately than the fibro. We have had some more wet weather here again today. Dosen't make my joints feel any better and makes them more stiff. Feel like 80 some mornings until had my shower to loosen up.

I do hope goes well for you today as in the long run it is going to be very beneficial for you as well. :lol:

Di I hope your tiredness is getting better and you can do a little more.

Love Tess x x

• Posted

Hi everyone,

Linda has steam coming out of her ears :evil:

Just had a phone call from Occ therapist, she can`t come today :!: Re-arranged for next Fri :x

Problem is while waiting for Ray`s assessment my shower isn`t going through, so its adding weeks onto that :!:

sorry for the rant I just had to get it off my chest :!:

Linda

• Posted

Hi Linda

So sorry to hear they have cancelled Ray's Assessment! :cry: I am sure they just don't realise how important it is for the both of you. No wonder you are cross I would be. :cry: You need to get if off your chest or it just builds up all day long. Bless you! :lol:

Hope you manage to have a decent Easter and will catch up with you again soon. :lol:

Love Tess x x

• Posted

Hi Linda

Meant to say a big hug for you x x

Love Tess x x

• Posted

Hi All,

Well physio appt went ok. Very nice girl.

The pain Ive been having in my shoulders and my right arm in particular, are down to tightening around the nerves. She gave me a thorough going over, checked my joints and believes them to be ok. Said that all own the back of my neck feels very tight also. When she was checking me out, certain ways she turned my arm and hand...the pain shot right up into my neck. So, she`s given me exercises to do and Ive to go back on the 27th, so we`ll see how that goes.

Went to the practice nurse this am also to have cholesterol bloods done. BP is fine and guess what??? Ive lost 17lbs! Woohoo... :lol:

Got rheumatology on the 16th, so I`ll let u know the outcome.

LINDA, sorry to hear Ray is in pain with the arthritis. And what a pain in the a** about the OT. They must realise that until their assessment is done things can`t move forward for u . Would do ur head in wouldn`t it.

Tess, I shouldn`t worry about infection if Sophie is biting the bandage..it should be ok. Hope it clears up soon for the wee chicken.. smile

Di and SES, I hope ur both ok.

Take it easy everyone.

Lindy..xx

• Posted

Hi Lindy

Good your physio appt went ok today and they have given you some exercises to do. :lol: Well Done Lindy with losing all that weight you should be so proud of yourself. :lol: Go girl!

I hope your blood results come back ok and goes well when you see the Rheumatologist.

I have an awful pain round my back today that hasn't got any better. :cry: Started yesterday and seems to be worse the more I move about lol. Going to get stewart to rub some anti inflamatory cream on it before bed see it that helps. :lol:

Hugs for you all.

Have a good Easter weekend.

Love Tess x x

• Posted

Hi Lindy and Tess,

Glad physio went ok for you Lindy, hope rheum app does too. Well done for losing all that weight :!: I`ve lost 9lbs now but seem to have stuck there the first half a stone just seemed to fall off and its taken ages to lose anymore :!:

Sorry about my moan yesterday, I`m clamer now and will explain, Ray had an assessment three and half yrs ago which didn`t go well at all and put us off asking for any more help sad In a nutshell we were told the assessment was for him and wouldn`t take into account anyone else`s needs. They offered to re-house us in a bungalow or ground floor flat, but told us our son and daughter wouldn`t be able to come with us :!: I have probably mentioned that Ann has her own complex set of medical problems, and while she lives a relatively normal life needs the security of someone being around at night. Needless to say we were all devasted, and when we gave our reasons for refusing what was on offer Ray was told there was nothing more they could do :!: Now it seems they have turned the tables and won`t put my adaptions through until Ray has had another assessment :!:

Does anyone know if they can refuse my shower etc. if Ray still says no to what they offer him :?:

Well have a good easter everyone,

Hope Ses you are ok haven`t heard from you in a while and you were in so much pain, hope you have some relief now.

Love Linda

• Posted

hi tess, linda and lindy

hello also to ses hope ur ok xx

well been reading ur posts.... what a week we all having with one thing or another.... well my mobile phone was playing up and then it just broke all together so had to go to the shops yesterday sad money i could have done with not spending but i cant live without my phone... everyone keeps in touch with me through it..

anyway went to b & q today got wallpapler for my boys bedrooms so just awaiting on john feeling better

he has got a 24 hour monitor on so see how that goes, hope it shows something so we can get to the bottom off this..

well the fatigue is still is bad..doing my head in..

hope to find u all well... luv di xx

• Posted

HI there everyone,

I am sorry I haven't been on here for a while, but I have felt so much like c**p and so I really haven't had the energy to be bothered doing anything....... I have thought about you all so please do not think that you all are not in my thoughts as they are, but alot of personal things have been going on too so my brain seems to be clogged contributing to the pain and fatigue....... sorry again waffling....... anyway last friday had the assessment for the incapacity benefit, which is now ESA, as we know and I was told by the assessment doctor he was putting me down as severely disabled, he didn't even want to give me a physical assessment which I was so relieved as I think he would have made things worse like he said, the point with this I do not get paid I get my stamp only due to being on maternity leave in 2006, so I am not sure whether I am entitled to this ESA now, as apparently your stamp being paid can help you in the future to obtain this benefit, as there is NI contribution based and Income related too ...... very confusing??? Anyway we will see???

Sorry to hear about the little one having chicken pox Tess, just hope she doesn't scratch them as there nasty aren't they I have a few scars due to them!!!! I do hope you are feeling better today ready for the Easter break xxx.

Linda, so sorry to here about your canceled appointment with the OT, how frustrating for you both, hopefully they will get it done next week, at least it is the beginning of the financial year and they can't say that they have run out of money :lol: They could be waiting for funding?? I do hope you and Ray do have a lovely Easter weekend, bless you both xxx

Lindy, how are you? have you got your diagnosis yet hun? hope you have the Easter week off so you can have a break and enjoy the rest, recuperate to ease your aches and pains?

Di, I do hope you pick up soon hun and please do both goto the doctors as the worry etc is probably contributing towards the pain and fatigue...... I think maybe why I am more run down with everything that has been going on in the past 8 weeks or so, why I am at my worse......... I am going again to the doctors to se the nurse next week for a smear and I have been told to have my thyroid checked again so after that I am seeing my GP the following Tuesday as he is off on holiday, I do not want to see anyone else as he is so understanding, anyway please both of you go and see your GP, as why suffer and worry like you are doing, the doctors are there to help you, I am so glad I changed my GP as I could have ended up with cirrhosis of the liver or something............ Take care hun hope you both feel better soon xxxx

Sorry once again to you all for not chatting, my hands seize a lot too so typing is also hard work xxxxx hugs to you all xxxx

[img:f564538c08]http://kimandkarina.com/Happy_Easter_Bunny_0%5B1%5D.jpg[/img:f564538c08]

Love Sara x

• Posted

Hi Ses,

Just a quick note. Don`t know about getting stamps paid will help with getting ESA, but when I finished work last april, gp said I should claim Incapacity Benefit, which I did and qualified for it. However, I could not have that and my carer`s allowance because both benefits ensure your stamps are paid. This I was told was to ensure you were not short of stamps when reaching retirement age. Don`t know if this helps, the whole benefit systems is so complicated :!:

Love Linda

• Posted

Hi Ses & Eveyone!

Good to see you back on the site! :lol: Just come on when you feel up to it. :lol:

Well we had another wet day today! :cry: :cry: Not very good for my joints. Having trouble with the little finger on my left hand joint being swollen and hurt if try to use it. :cry: First it was my back and that has got better after a couple of days and some inflammatory cream. Now my its the turn of my finger lol. What will tomorrow bring I wonder!

Got my son Chris home from Uni now until 23rd April. Having a family get together next Saturday when I shall have all the children together with their partners. Cooking for 12 again! Just like Christmas apart from the snow lol! Not doing a roast this time. Cooking chicken stuffed with tomato pesto, mozarrela cheese and wrapped round with bacon. Potota gratin, sauerkraut, and a french salad called Salade Nicose. Going to make a banana, toffee ,pecan and meringue desert. Claire my daugther makes a lovely lemon pie and ginger cheesecake so she is going to bring that as well. Hope didn't make you all too hungry!

Hope you are all having a good Easter holiday and got better weather than we have with the rain the last two days. :cry:

Big hugs to you all.

Love Tess x x

• Posted

Hi Everyone,

SES, good to hear from u. As Linda said, the benefits system is hellish. Why do they make it so bloody hard for some people. Gets on my nerves. I hope ur feeling less crappy and can enjoy ur easter with the kids.

I don`t have a diagnosis yet, back to the rhematologist on Thurs (16th). Ive got a long weekend off...back to the grind on Tues.

TESS, ur menu sounds fab...specially the pudding part.. :lol: make space for another one....how long will it take me to get to u ?.. :lol: Hope ur finger isn`t giving u jip today. The weather here the last couple of days has been lovely. Beautiful sunshine, but a slight breeze where u can feel the nip in the air.Suns out this morning, hope it stays!

Got some sad news yesterday, my son`s gran passed away very suddenly. She had been unwell for a few years and collapsed yesterday morning. So very quick. As expected, Connor was really upset, as its the first time he`s experienced a death in his family. He was only 2 when my parents passed away, so can`t remember a thing. Expecting the funeral to be towards the end of the week or weekend.

DI & LINDA, I hope u r both well, and enjoy ur easter time... smile

Take Care All

Lindy..x

• Posted

Hi Lindy!

You can come but might take you a long while to get to us lol :lol: My finger is still sore not painful only when I try to use it or bend it. :cry: Don't know what going on with me at the moment as got a sore eye today that keeps running. :cry:

We have no rain today today and looks like we might get a glimpse of the sun if we are lucky! :lol:

Sorry to hear your bad news! It is worse I think when it is sudden and I feel for connor it is so hard for the children.

Take care!

Hope everyone else is ok today!

Love Tess x x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.