Starting Again :)

Posted , 6 users are following.

Well I am back after 2 years not taking these tablets and looking back it was the worst decision I ever made to stop!

In my first stint on these pills I lost just over 16kg but now I am pretty much back where I started ...... arrggghhh.

Luckily I still have 2.5 months worth so I can get started and then start begging the doctor for some more!

Just wondering ... when i was on these before I was very strict and went for nothing with more than 3% fat in meals as I was so scared of the consequences we all know and dread. What rules have others applied while they have been on these drugs????

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi there.

Welcome. Alot of people eat apples after their meal as well to help with digestion. Apart from right at the begining (horrible effects) my constitution has been quite strong, so it takes alot to aggrivate the tablets. My weight loss has been slow, but to up the speed I have started walking more, for example during my lunch hour to make my body work harder, also I have upped my water in take which has also helped with any water retention and and digestion.

Good luck :lol:

• Posted

Welcome back, yep me too I started back on these 2 weeks ago after nearly 2 years and have already lost 7lbs!, I'm a bit naughty I don't keep on eye on how much each of my meals contain, I'm just sticking to as low fat as I can get! And alot of fish, chicken, salad and stirfrys, so far so good and no mishaps!

Good luck it really helps checking in and out of this site for the support and inspiration!

• Posted

Welcome back

I think a few of us on here split the 30g's of fat per day allowance over the 3 main meals.

I use the following:

no more than:

5g's for Breakfast

10g's for lunch

15g's for tea

never usually get to the breakfast and lunch quota so this enables some nibbles if required.

I was also told not to buy any foods that had more than 5g's of full fat per 100g's.

You do need to be getting as near to the 30g's of full fat per day as the body needs the fuel to work on. If you under eat the body will go into starvation mode and hold onto fat.

• Posted

Welcome back Hope it doesn't take you long to get back into the saddle and to start losing the weight :D
  • Posted

Thanks for all your replies smile

27/4/11.... 116.1

28/4/11.... 115.4

Small beginnings but feeling great about losing weight again - Im sure its a bug that you catch and definately agree that you have to be in the right place in your head before you start

• Posted

You have done it once so you can do it again smile

Welcome to the forum, good luck smile

• Posted

Snap! I've just started taking them again after 2 years of stopping them, I lost 2 stone last time, and like you, put almost all of it back on.

x

• Posted

Welcome to you aswell snubbles!

Wish you guys all the luck this time

smile

• Posted

Hi Snubbles

Sames goes for you too Good Luk You know you an do it! :D

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.